Switch to full style
Tools for hard drive diagnostics, repair, and data recovery
Post a reply

N40P g-list problem with PC3K fix

March 2nd, 2006, 8:31

I have 2 N40P drives that show G-list as "-" "-" "-" ie 2 dashes rather than 3 check marks. I presume it is corrupt. When I try to correct by going to module correction menu and pressing "ATPOL g-list" to fix it. I get a "module correction error" and the g-list is not fixed. I have the right ldr file and I have tried in master and safe mode. Any suggestions?

April 10th, 2006, 17:50

can you help me understand please, master mode and safe mode?

thanks.

Re: N40P g-list problem with PC3K fix

October 25th, 2006, 15:18

gbulger wrote:I have 2 N40P drives that show G-list as "-" "-" "-" ie 2 dashes rather than 3 check marks. I presume it is corrupt. When I try to correct by going to module correction menu and pressing "ATPOL g-list" to fix it. I get a "module correction error" and the g-list is not fixed. I have the right ldr file and I have tried in master and safe mode. Any suggestions?

your g-list is too corrupt to repair
you need to over write the module with another g-list from a similar model
the erase the g-list

October 26th, 2006, 10:12

First get the complete firmware of the hdd u want to fix , put the firmware in the pc3k directory then goto the wirte modules option chk module 1B which is glist . rewirte it and the hdd becomes ok
Hope that helps!!

Re

November 2nd, 2006, 15:12

"Check Structure firmware" because I think you have many modules defective in "system area".
Regards
Post a reply