All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help me remove Password MHDD
PostPosted: February 5th, 2007, 0:34 

I use MHDD to set password my HDD, but now I not forget password, so I can't do at all. Can you help me remove this password? Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 5th, 2007, 4:28 

Can u tell the model of the hdd brand name and all .

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 3:52 

Quote:

I have 2 driver, the first is maxtor 40G DiamontMaxPlus 8 NAR61HAO.
The second is WD 120G, I don't forget what is model. They have the same proplem.
My En is not good, I can read understand what you say, but I write very bad. Sympathize to me, please! Thanks 4 all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 16:16 

vtvan wrote:
Quote:

I have 2 driver, the first is maxtor 40G DiamontMaxPlus 8 NAR61HAO.
The second is WD 120G, I don't forget what is model. They have the same proplem.
My En is not good, I can read understand what you say, but I write very bad. Sympathize to me, please! Thanks 4 all!

Hi!
First use the command unlock and then the command dispwd

Good luck
:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 6th, 2007, 23:14 

Quote:
Hi!
First use the command unlock and then the command dispwd

But I can not remember password??? :D :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 8th, 2007, 0:46 

Quote:
I use MHDD to set password my HDD, but now I not forget password, so I can't do at all. Can you help me remove this password? Thanks!

Nobody Help me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 9th, 2007, 3:32 

there is the model name for all hard drive like for wd like this wd200-oagco and for maxtor 4d040h2 tell me those i give u master pwd for them .

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 10th, 2007, 11:19 

Quote:
there is the model name for all hard drive like for wd like this wd200-oagco and for maxtor 4d040h2 tell me those i give u master pwd for them .

maxtor 40G DiamontMaxPlus 8 NAR61HAO
6EO40L07

Thanks for reply!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 26th, 2007, 1:24 

why did you lock these ,for a laptop or pc or xbox this info will help

Post subject: Maxtor HDD Locked
PostPosted: March 26th, 2007, 11:18 

I replaced my default HDD in my xbox with a Maxtor 120gb.. this worked well for a while, but my mod chip in the xbox went bad.. I was able to do the hotswap (since when i first installed evolutionx dashboard.. i did a back up of the eeprom incase this would happen) .. So after doing the hotswap i was able to get the hdd key.

I then used hddunlock.exe to unlock it and to disable it.. I then decided to do a soft mod to the xbox because its not worth buying another chip for it.. but in order to do a soft mod to it, the hdd needs to be locked.. So i used the hddlock.exe that came with hddunlock, and i used the exact same key that i used to unlock it with. But i kept getting the error 06 on the xbox.. which means that it can not unlock the drive.. meaning that some how the key isnt the same as the one on the eeprom.

but that is what the confusing part is, I mean.. i typed it in the exact way to lock it as i did to unlock it. Somehow its not the same..

the hard drive is a Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 6y120L0 .. Ive tried to search google for master passwords for the hdd model, since appearently the user password is unkown at the moment.

Some of the passwords i have tried are:
Maxtor (with 26 spaces)
Maxtor (with 1 space)
Maxtor INIT SECURITY TEST STEP
1 space
all spaces.

none of them seem to work, I am using these with atapwd and i keep getting the error "Command rejected by drive" which appeareantly means it is the wrong password..

If anyone has any advice about this, i would greatly appreciate it.

PS: I need the data off the hard drive.. i know it was only in a xbox.. but ive used it to back up very important information from my PC with the ftp of evox.. so a wipe of the disk cant be usefull.. If no one has any advice with this.. my next choice will be to suck it up and pay A-FF Repair Station the $50 to unlock it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2007, 15:08 

50$ is too much for just unlocking it ,
the state of the security lock is high not max ,isnt it? if so you are lucky, that means that the master password wont wipe the drive to unlock it
if i where in your place i would lock the hdd of the xbox on the xbox , using the configmagic tool for the xbox , it works directly on the xbox , no need for a pc intruding , this is the most stable program ever , the tool you used isnt that good in my opinion , i tested it , its still very beta , and i cant trust it with my hdd, any way , now ,the best way to unlock your hdd is using the same tool you locked it with,atapwd will not help you in this case , use the unlock , then, the disable utility , then check it after that with the atapwd to be sure its unlocked alright , rest in peace the password is still the same as you intered it ,but the way of typing it is different than all other utilities , thats all ,and thats why you need to use the same old utility, and for locking it back again in your xbox the hdd will have a master password of "TEAMASSEMBLY" if you used the configmagic tool , just in case you need it ,
good luck ,

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 28th, 2007, 17:37 

Quote:
using the configmagic tool for the xbox , it works directly on the xbox , no need for a pc intruding ,

when i very first locked it after formating it for the xbox, i used EvolutionX's built in lock command.. but since the chip i originally had in there went bad, i couldnt load it up to unlock it that way, so yeah i used hdunlock.exe..

but two things.. one thing is.. when i was reading the back up of the eeprom there were two codes, one was for the HDLockDisable, and the other was the HD Key.. when i went back in to lock it again after i was done messing around with it, i forgot which one i put in, and me, being stupid, locked it with the HD Key one, then turned around and did it with the HDLockDisable one.. i really dont know if that would over ride it or not would it?

i've tried using the hdunlock to unlock it again after locking it, but it would say "done" then i would boot off CD to use xboxhd and it would keep telling me that the drive is locked, and ive used both the keys to try to unlock it.. the only thing i can think of is that i entered in the original password wrong without realizing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 17th, 2007, 10:58 

Hi!
As I also have a problem with my password, i´ll just reactivate this thread.
Story is: I´m a rather unexperienced user. still i tried mhdd. as i wanted to use the fasterase command and ,as i understood, that required a hdd password, i set one up in bios. then i used the pwd command in mhdd, using the same password. then i used the fasterase command given the password. then there was a message like: waiting for "xyz" signal. when nothing happend after a while i restarted the computer. when asked for the password i entered the one i used all the times before. but it wasn´t accepted. after the 3rd try i ended at:
Failed to unlock Hard Drive!
Fatal Error... System Halted.

pleas help!

p.s.: hard drive is toshiba mk4025gas
p.p.s.: it´s is an notebook hdd