All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Software package to get back 60GB trashed by Paragon 8?
PostPosted: February 13th, 2007, 20:19 

I used paragon 8 to copy a 100 GB drive to a 160 GB drive. It worked fine and booted but now it thinks it only has 100 GB and I can't get to the other 60GB. I tried testdrive and various other software products and they all think I have 11879 (about- I don't remember exact number) cylinders instead of this 16383 that I am supposed to have. I suspect the size per sector is wrong also but I don't know how to figure that out.

Can anyone suggest a software package that will restore the disk to 160 GB? So far paragon support doesn't seem to believe that this could have happened.

Thanks

Bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 16th, 2007, 3:36 

Use Prosoft media tools .

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 16th, 2007, 9:20 

If i am reading that correctly, you have copied a 100gb parition onto a 160gb drive, thus you can see your 100gb partition and the 60gb is simply free space which is no use to anyone.

Right Click on my computer, then manage, then disk management this will show you what is going on with your hard drive (in a simple way re partitions).

You want to stretch your current partition or create another after it, windows can creat another but if you want to stretch your current partition something like patition magic or similar will do the trick (and not lose your data) - always backup, always :D

I hope this helps

Matt
PCT-IT Engineer, NHS UK