All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seagate Firmware 3.04
PostPosted: August 31st, 2007, 18:48 

Looking for some help here guys with a locked seagate drive. The drive is a barracuda .8 (ST3250623A) w/ firmware version 3.04...it is locked in maximum security setting.

It got that way in a xbox reflashing gone very wrong. Bottom line is the master password that I thought it was locked to is not working. After google'ng I read you can't use a master pw to unlock a drive in max security mode. The user passwords (which depend on which xbox eeprom it was locked too) I have are 40 characters long so unlocking isn't working in mhdd. None of the normal "xbox" unlocking tools or methods are working either.

Hell after trying to unlock various different ways myself I was going to settle for paying that AFF repair place to unlock it but after running the demo test it says it can't unlock. I came across this site, http://www.seagateunlock.com/, where the author suggests that a firmware update will unlocks a seagate drive. Is this true?

Does anyone know where I can get seagate firmware 3.04? The firmware he has listed on the site is for a different model. Are firmwares specific to model / series or are they generic across brand lines....meaning any seagate firmware will work on any seagate?

This drive was in my xbox that I use as a media center. It has my entire music collection on it so I am trying to find a way to unlock it without wiping the data. Any suggestions you have are welcome.

Post subject: Re: Seagate Firmware 3.04
PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 4:27 

hiiiiii...
i hav a firmware update utility named seagate firmware update v3.54.
may this one should help u..
but i forget from where i downloaded it... so if u want to try this one..
ucan contact me at cool_killer143@yahoo.com
i'll send u through ur mail address
. ok.
thnx n bye

Post subject: Re: Seagate Firmware 3.04
PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 19:49 

Thank you! I just sent you an email.