All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 100 uk pounds up for grabs.
PostPosted: October 12th, 2009, 3:34 

Just get three random drives and send them here

http://www.retrodata.eu/

methinks this will get abused. Especially once some certain organizations find it :D

Post subject: Re: 100 uk pounds up for grabs.
PostPosted: October 12th, 2009, 4:08 

If I were to secure erase my NAS unit, surely this would be a 'logical' issue? :lol:

PostPosted: October 12th, 2009, 5:34 

Nice try, guys!

Seriously, though, there are certain conditions that apply, which we run through with the client before proceeding.

We can establish if an array has been tampered with or deliberately rendered "unrecoverable" - but usually manage to recover those as well.

As for securely-erased drives - well, you do have a point - but that is also part of the checklist.

Don't knock it - if you have an array that you can't recover, we almost certainly will and will happily take on raid recoveries for any company in that position - with a guarantee to never contact your client directly.

Duncan

PostPosted: October 12th, 2009, 9:12 

Looks like someone has outbid you :lol: http://www.datatrack-labs.co.uk/datatrack_news.asp

It's tempting to corrupt some of my own RAIDS :lol:

PostPosted: October 12th, 2009, 9:44 

I'm going to up it... £147 cash back if we cannot recover it + 5000 Tesco Clubcard points + Virgin Holiday for two to Hawai + The Entire "Enciclopedia Britanica" + A years subscription to "Data Recovery Pro" Comes with Free platter extraction tool!!!! RRP £5.99

But seriosuly... Good idea guys.... :D

PostPosted: October 12th, 2009, 9:51 

guru wrote:
I'm going to up it... £147 cash back if we cannot recover it + 5000 Tesco Clubcard points + Virgin Holiday for two to Hawai + The Entire "Enciclopedia Britanica" + A years subscription to "Data Recovery Pro" Comes with Free platter extraction tool!!!! RRP £5.99

Sounds like a good deal. Is the free platter extraction tool the retro data tool, if yes I have to decline your offer as we only have a 36000 Sq Ft warehouse. :lol:

PostPosted: October 12th, 2009, 10:20 

From Datatrack's website:

"All Disks must be present and not be removed from the RAID system. This offer is not applicable to any RAID systems where the data has been overwritten or the RAID rebuilt. This offer is not applicable if the RAID System has undergone an evaluation at any other company. "

Now that is where we are better - we will quite happily take systems that have been "evaluated" by other companies. We will also take certain arrays where one drive is terminally dead or missing. That is actually why we're offering this - we recover Raid arrays that others cannot.

Anyway, it's all good fun, and part and parcel of life in the DR business..

Duncan
Retrodata

PostPosted: October 12th, 2009, 11:45 

Odiferous wrote:

Now that is where we are better - we will quite happily take systems that have been "evaluated" by other companies. We will also take certain arrays where one drive is terminally dead or missing. That is actually why we're offering this - we recover Raid arrays that others cannot.

Anyway, it's all good fun, and part and parcel of life in the DR business..

Duncan
Retrodata

I wish you luck with this. Your platter extraction system didnt ammount to anything and is already obselete before it is available, so maybe this time you could actually be onto something.

Unless of course your just trying your luck and have a nice set of terms and conditions covering the cases you cannot do :roll:

Eitherway, looks like retrodata and datatrack got some competition going on. Maybe there could even be a catfight on the horizon. Not sure yet who my money is on :lol:

PostPosted: October 12th, 2009, 13:06 

No offence Duncan, but doesn't it's something to be called the "Cheap Marketing"..atleast for the DR business, it's definitely not a professional attitude and looks a that another penis enlargement claim..

There is a word in the dictionary, "Dignity".

PostPosted: October 12th, 2009, 16:16 

Yes it's the retro data tool. You only need to buy the next 1256 issues of "Data Recovery Pro" to build it yourself ( Kit parts with every issue) LMFAO :lol:

Every little helps!

HDD Spaz wrote:
guru wrote:

Sounds like a good deal. Is the free platter extraction tool the retro data tool, if yes I have to decline your offer as we only have a 36000 Sq Ft warehouse. :lol: