All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: User Manual laughs
PostPosted: September 4th, 2014, 12:03 

I just bought a Hantek Logic Analyzer.... I spelt "Analyser wrong on purpose because there are more Americans than Ozzies here! :)

I still can't understand why they don't get their manuals checked for at least mostly correct English. If they engaged in their customers, and had a forum where they participated, they could essentially get this done for free.

And another pet peeve of mine are User Manuals that just echo the screenshot such as "click next to continue" or "the advanced configuration button lets you configure advanced options" or there will be a screenshot of a window with the settings menu circled and the annotation will simply say "settings".
Come on, if we are adept enough to use a logic analyser, dispense with this User Manual for 5 year olds...

Some fun parts of the manual:
Quote:
Caution: Please make sure the equipment is dry enough before going to work. Avoid mangling the equipment or hurting body because of water!

Maintenance: Don’t put the equipment under the sun for a long time. Put it in wind to the best of one's abilities

The first one is really a "no shit, Sherlock".. and the second.. that's not really the meaning of Maintenance, that is actually "Precautions". Unless they have worked out a way to maintain electronics by putting them in windy places?
And my very favourite one.. They must think I am really going to LOVE my new Analyser....
Quote:
Caution: In order to not mangle the equipment, you should not put it in fog, water or impregnate.

O M G, I always wondered where those little 4 channel, 20MHz baby Analysers came from!!

Post subject: Re: User Manual laughs
PostPosted: September 4th, 2014, 14:54 

Nice, sounds like they hired the same people who wrote the Salvation Data manuals. :lol:

Post subject: Re: User Manual laughs
PostPosted: September 4th, 2014, 17:40 

I once had a tech manual for some Japanese lab equipment which advised that "trouble should be shot in this manner".