All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Boomerang data recovery
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2011, 9:09 

Hello,
I have bought Program "Boomerang Data Recovery". Works Perfect. The best program I ever have seen. Results super. But after two times successful data recovery, the program stopped to work. The fail is "Error. Cannot conect to server."
Do every body have the same problem? Is any solution?
I need this program to make to work. Can anybody help me?
Program designed to good to be some money collector.

Post subject: Re: Boomerang data recovery
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2011, 12:42 

Hi, why don't you contact their support?
https://www.boomdrs.com/support/

Bosse

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2011, 14:23 

Thank your for your wise advice Bosse.

* "Support" has neither acknowledged or replied to 14 requests spread over 9 weeks.
* Support has no telephone number, no humans nor address or any registered company.
* We have a bad feeling about this situation, but it is certain that the program itself is far too professional to be part of a deliberate scam.
* Their payment gateway ( new Zealand ?) also looks impressive, but leads nowhere when trying to cancel our automatic annual renewal payments. Again, No humans or telephone details :(

For that reason we are enquiring if ANYONE is using this application successfully today.

Maybe I should clarify just a little; fully paid network licence, an anonymous confirmation received with serial number and activation key. The Program, that requires connection to an authorisation server, executed perfectly on two occasions. Since then the authorisation server appears off-line or not responding - thus the enquiry as to if any colleagues are also experiencing the same difficulties.

Thanks for any feedback
http://www.aurora.se

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2011, 3:46 

I don't use this software, but a little research leaves me with a bad feeling about the company - the lack of physical contact details on their website, and using a "private" (i.e. anonymous) domain name registration, are immediate "red flags". :(

You'll see that someone else has highlighted many of the same concerns as you:

http://boomerangdatarecoverysucks.blogspot.com/

I can only suggest reporting the inability to cancel this charge, to your credit card company. Here in the UK, such repeat charges (sometimes called "continuous authority charges") cannot normally be cancelled by the card company (they must be cancelled by the company who you authorised). However the card companies will intervene and refund / cancel payments, if you can show (e.g. with copies of emails) that you have requested cancellation, and your requests have been ignored. Of course I do not know if your credit card protection is similar in Sweden. Good luck :)

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2011, 8:46 

jana wrote:
Hello,
I have bought Program "Boomerang Data Recovery". Works Perfect. The best program I ever have seen. Results super. But after two times successful data recovery, the program stopped to work. The fail is "Error. Cannot conect to server."
Do every body have the same problem? Is any solution?
I need this program to make to work. Can anybody help me?
Program designed to good to be some money collector.

the App. charge you by MB/GB whatever
seems you passed the limit

i`ve tried it when it connects to the server it verifies the license which seems you don`t have enough credits to run the restore

btw, it scans and shows FREE, saving/extracting is $$$$ to be paid

and i got the MAC ver. unlimited license and it is a good tool

PostPosted: October 24th, 2011, 18:52 

einstein9 wrote:
the App. charge you by MB/GB whatever
seems you passed the limit

i`ve tried it when it connects to the server it verifies the license which seems you don`t have enough credits to run the restore

According to the Boomerang website, unfortunately that suggestion doesn't fit. :( The OP said they were:

jana wrote:
trying to cancel our automatic annual renewal payments

and it is only the unlimited version (i.e. without GB limits) which has annual renewal, according to the Boomerang order page (which I deliberately won't link here, to avoid helping their SEO by giving a backlink to their site). If the OP has some other license which is not shown on the Boomerang website, but which has a GB recovery limit and annual renewal, I hope they will update this thread with that info. :)

Also, the error message reported by the OP:
jana wrote:
Error. Cannot conect to server.

would be a very poor error message, if the software really wanted to say "Sorry you have exceeded your recovery limit, please pay us some more money" :(

PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 4:18 

Thanks Vulkan for your suggestion. Very smart idee.

"would be a very poor error message, if the software really wanted to say "Sorry you have exceeded your recovery limit, please pay us some more money" :("

But the problem is I have the unlimited one year version for milti-users. It was purchase 2011-07-11.
I have question for you. Which site did you purchase the "Boomerang program" from?
How long do you use it?
Maybe I will get some tips from your answers.
Thanks. :)

PostPosted: October 25th, 2011, 12:53 

Any chance that the company is no longer in business and the reason for the licensing server and their tech support for not responding?

PostPosted: January 30th, 2019, 19:23 

Sorry for reviving an old thread.

Boomerang has been my best initial experience with RAID recovery software. It is the only one I have found thus far to show me a preview of my data with its native format intact. I was able browse my files and folders just like I was looking at undamaged data. That's as far as I got however.

Unfortunately, I started to suspect there was trouble when my email inquiries went unanswered. No way in heck was I going to send them any of my money unless there was evidence of a human on the other end. To be honest, I was hoping there would be a smaller price tag if I had much less than 1TB to recover.

Then I started to read up on similar reports from users on their unresponsiveness. Such a shame because I think they have a very good product (assuming that the preview scan is telling me the truth).

One time I even visited their website home page and saw something I had not noticed in the past-- a chat button! I clicked it a couple of times to see what it would do. It said it was not available at that time or something like that. When I tried back a few days later, the chat button mysteriously disappeared! Hmmm..

My question here is, would anyone who successfully purchased an activation be willing to part with it? I do not know if such things are legally transferable but if the company gives the impression of disinterest or abandoning their product, does it matter?

Since I am reviving an old thread, I was curious about purchasing an activation for a product that might now be several versions ahead. Looks like they are up to v3.x (Mac version) at the time of this posting. Does your activation continue to work if you install their latest software? The limit should only be on data size recovered and not what version you are running, correct?

Thanks.

PostPosted: January 31st, 2019, 4:18 

Hi, may be it is time to look around and check for another software if old one not works?;) There are a lot of different application with high data recovery rate and small prices :)

PostPosted: January 31st, 2019, 19:11 

I would love to hear about them. Please post something you think will do just as well as Boomerang.

I've tried anything I could get my hands on that allows free scanning and could not find anything that shows me my data the way Boomerang does. I also need RAID recovery, not just data recovery. Some software I tested out claimed to recover RAID volumes but did not do so correctly.

Most software just does file-type matching and might not even give you back any recognizable filenames which makes the job of recovery way too tedious to even bother with.

PostPosted: February 1st, 2019, 4:25 

Need to use software that supports file system you have. In this case software able correctly read folder structure and filenames.
As example
FAT/FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, ReFS file systems of Windows
HFS+ and APFS file systems of macOS
Ext2/Ext3/Ext4, UFS, XFS, ReiserFS, JFS, Btrfs file systems of Linux

Some software able to build RAID automatically using meta data: mdadm, LVM, Apple Software RAID, Intel Matrix

PostPosted: February 1st, 2019, 11:29 

File system support wasn't an issue with the other software I tried. They were all able to read NTFS.