All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: ATA password bypassing
PostPosted: October 15th, 2011, 3:55 

Great first post!!! :lol:
vindi93 wrote:
hi would this method also work on a hitachi drive???
Have you even bothered to read the thread?!!!
drc wrote:
this script only works for western digitals

PostPosted: October 15th, 2011, 7:42 

Hi,

sorry if I have missed something, but I'm trying to unlock a Western Digital Hard Drive.
The problem I have is that before booting on CD to use MHDD, the HDD password is prompted and after 3 errors the master password is promted too. After I fail, it says the dis is locked and the I am able to enter MHDD.
Then EID command says: "HIGH, ON"

I tried "ERASE PREPARE" then "ERASE UNIT" but it then says the disk is broken...

Is there something I can try?

Thanks, (and if this post is too like a noobs post and have to be moved in another thread, please do it)

PostPosted: October 15th, 2011, 7:50 

Hi CircleCode and welcome to the forum!

Probably everything you need to know will be answered in this mammoth thread:
Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital
http://forum.hddguru.com/unlocking-ata-password-for-western-digital-t8374.html

PostPosted: October 18th, 2011, 8:11 

dick wrote:
Great first post!!! :lol:
vindi93 wrote:
hi would this method also work on a hitachi drive???
Have you even bothered to read the thread?!!!
drc wrote:
this script only works for western digitals

"The script only works for western digital drives" what i asked was could the method work on the hitachi drive not the exact script. can the script be changed to work on an hitachi drive???

PostPosted: October 19th, 2011, 3:54 

The method involves sending WD's Vendor Specific ATA commands to the drive. These commands read certain modules from the hidden System Area on the platters.

In short, the method is specific to WD drives.

However, it could be that other vendors use a similar principle, although their commands and modules would be different. For example, on some drives you need to read the Vendor Track (IIUC).

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 9:52 

Hi guys. I am new to this, but this is it. My HDD Seagate Barracuda ST3500418AS, 500 GB is locked with ATA password. I did not lock it, but just found this my PC in this kind of state after one "fellow" visited me. Nevermind...
Security is set to high. As Mhdd reads the info, the master password was not changed. So far I tried Mhdd, HddErase, ATA password and so on and so forth. Nothing works. No idrive, Seagae + 25 spaces or any other known passwords - nothing, whatsoever. I have seen that user "spildit" has made some script to be used with Mhdd program for Western Digital drive. Later the file it makes is inserted in Victoria program which converts the hex into something else or something like that. Is it possible to make any kind of similar script for my Seagate Barracuda. I believe the password is stored somewhere in vendor sector, but I don't really have any ideas left on how to extract it. Could you, Spildit, help me in some way? Would appreciate it, cause it seems like a dead end so far.

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 10:00 

Trailer wrote:
Hi guys. I am new to this, but this is it. My HDD Seagate Barracuda ST3500418AS, 500 GB is locked with ATA password. I did not lock it, but just found this my PC in this kind of state after one "fellow" visited me. Nevermind...
Security is set to high. As Mhdd reads the info, the master password was not changed. So far I tried Mhdd, HddErase, ATA password and so on and so forth. Nothing works. No idrive, Seagae + 25 spaces or any other known passwords - nothing, whatsoever. I have seen that user "spildit" has made some script to be used with Mhdd program for Western Digital drive. Later the file it makes is inserted in Victoria program which converts the hex into something else or something like that. Is it possible to make any kind of similar script for my Seagate Barracuda. I believe the password is stored somewhere in vendor sector, but I don't really have any ideas left on how to extract it. Could you, Spildit, help me in some way? Would appreciate it, cause it seems like a dead end so far.

Just ask the person for the password?
your other options are:

1, Take it to a DR Professonal & get them to unlock if
2, AFF Repair Station @ $49.95 but is safe to data
3, HDD Repair Station if your drive is supported but data will be lost @ $29.95

Loki

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 13:28 

Hi Trailer, it appears from what you have attempted so far I presume the data has no importance to you.

So you could try the well documented LBA 0 fix for 7200.11 drives even though I think yours is a 7200.12 firmware. As far as I am aware the public method would also clear the user password and give access to the drive. Read up on the various threads and then make/get yourself the interface.

If you try it you could brick your drive so it is at your risk!

PostPosted: December 23rd, 2011, 5:38 

Thanx, Dick and Loki, I will definitely try the LBA fix. I don't care about the data, just need the drive.

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2012, 19:05 

hello, i executed the script but got "no DRQ" error.... suggestions?
hdd Fujitsu MHZ2160BH security state: high

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2012, 19:23 

Spildit,
Hello,
Would You help me with a script for Fujitsu MHZ2160BH ? i tried mhdd with WD script, but not working for ata password retrieval..

Thx

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2012, 7:15 

Please SPildit or blackst,
:? I need help with FUJITSU mhz2160bh g2
if you have the means to uinlock it saving the data, pm me
i am in Italy.
I know YOu are professionals. ;-)

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2012, 20:03 

Hi, "Thanx, Dick and Loki, I will definitely try the LBA fix. I don't care about the data, just need the drive."
Could it please end here!
I'm see'ing to many drives with valuable info get'ing screwed

My company does not "unlock" any drive without authentication...sorry but that's the way it is!

Regards
Bosse

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2012, 20:43 

Trailer wrote:
My HDD Seagate Barracuda ST3500418AS, 500 GB is locked with ATA password. I did not lock it, but just found this my PC in this kind of state after one "fellow" visited me. Nevermind...
Security is set to high. As Mhdd reads the info, the master password was not changed. So far I tried Mhdd, HddErase, ATA password and so on and so forth.

Have you tried SeDiv? Try viewing the "vendor track".

PostPosted: March 18th, 2012, 4:30 

For the Seagates and Western Digitals, it is pretty easy to find the methods. If the Fujitsu drives like mine were easy to find vendor commands for (Or even a firmware image to figure out my MHZ2xxxBH G1 Rev 9), then all the BEV-designation Western Digital drives on eBay wouldn't be so popular with Xbox 360 owners! :P The related MHx families that I've looked at the firmware dumps of seem like a good place to start - if I had a few spares to test experiments on. Hehe, not trying random 0x80-0x8F or similar ranges to find vendor commands without understanding the microcontroller on them.

I have yet to find anything about the Hitachi models, but I haven't exactly spent a lot of time on non-Fujitsu/Toshiba drives and I knew about the Seagates from 2010 when all those people had to reset the firmware... I was curious and discovered the wonderful world of EIA232-to-Seagate adapters and terminal commands.

So, here's the rundown:
Fujitsu=No chance - even programs like HDDErase don't work on the most recent families. Try it anyways for designations upto MHG or so.
Seagates=Use serial terminal
Western Digital=Use this topic's script
Toshiba=???? (Don't have any recent ones to test - biggest I have is 6GB I think)
Others=???? Just buy PC3000 UDMA. ;)

PostPosted: January 3rd, 2013, 23:51 

Hi Sir,
would you please send the 42.bin file to me, thx.
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: January 16th, 2014, 12:08 

Hi,

I had a dell studio laptop on which I had put a HDD password, Now the laptop is fried and I removed the HDD and found it to be in working condition. However I cant access any data on this when I connect to the desktop.... I googled it up and landed here. I am really new to all this. Can some please explain me how to unlock the HDD, I need the data in it too.

HDD details

Seagate Momentus 7200.4 500gb
firmware 0004SDM1
ST9500420AS
Please help me out

PostPosted: January 17th, 2014, 3:44 

Hey,
I just remembered the password, can i connect the laptop hdd to any desktop and remove the password?? Please tell me the steps.... I googled and found that there is some software called hirens boot cd and mhdd.. which one can i use

PostPosted: January 17th, 2014, 16:04 

@krsna1988, the laptop password is probably encoded as keyboard scan codes. This means that entering ASCII codes from a software application will not succeed.

You would need to determine the appropriate scan codes, use a hex editor to create 32-byte file, and then submit this file to a tool such as Victoria for Windows.

PostPosted: January 19th, 2014, 6:41 

Please do tell me how to create the hex file please.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next