All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ann LeFlore’s advanced data recovery course
PostPosted: December 20th, 2011, 4:41 

Salvation Data is pleased to announce advanced data recovery training now. We open our new section for advanced studies in data recovery from February 27th to March 2nd, 2012 in Chengdu China. The 5-day training will be taught by Ann LeFlore, a new trainer of SalvationDATA who has 37 years of experience in computer industry and 15 years’ experience in performing data recovery.

The course highlight will include in depth studies on the HDD, sector, byte, clusters, blocks, disk formatting. Further details will be given to drive construction, spindle motor, heads, and actuator, landing loan, architectures and drives by type. During this course you will learn what the main function of data recovery are, physical and logical recovery, determining stage 1 and stage 2 recovery and typical malfunctions of the HDD. A complete class will be dedicated to logical recovery which will include master boot record, volume boot record, standard EPB for FAT 16, standard BPB for FAT16, FAT boot Sector. Further study will be given on root directory, NTSF compressed files, NTSF encryption and Root Directory offset. Close attention will be paid to firmware and the Service area for each drive family. During this class you will study the firmware structure of each drive family. After learning how to determine the problems in depth study and knowledge, you will be taught on how to use the Maxtor, Seagate, Hitachi, Western Digital, Samsung, and Fujitsu/Toshiba HD Doctor suite. You will learn what the common problems are in each drive family and how to use the tools to repair these problems. The Data Compass course will include in depth knowledge about the shadow disk, how the Data Compass works, setting up a HDD for imaging, how to image by heads, and finally RAID recovery.

During the course each student will receive a manual for the course which they will use in class and be able to take with them when the class is finished. The course is based on the manual and in the appendix there is extra information needed to further your knowledge in data recovery.

If you are interested in this training, please contact us:
SalvationDATA International Training Department:
training [at]SalvationDATA.com (Replace at with @)

Post subject: Re: Ann LeFlore’s advanced data recovery course
PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 5:49 

I applaud this initiative to include among their trainers recognized technical staff in the data recovery world.
I also think SD should provide its customers with the famous books by Ann in order to be able to get more from tools as HD Doctor

PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 5:52 

leio18140506 wrote:
Ann LeFlore, a new trainer of SalvationDATA who has 37 years of experience in computer industry and 15 years’ experience in performing data recovery.

:?:

PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 7:47 

cat1x wrote:
I also think SD should provide its customers with the famous books by Ann in order to be able to get more from tools as HD Doctor

I think they should make the doctors a little more useful and stable first...

PostPosted: December 21st, 2011, 10:34 

cat1x wrote:
I applaud this initiative to include among their trainers recognized technical staff in the data recovery world.

they got as much as they paid for.

plus with many bugs (never fixed) it is useless but solves problems if you know how

PostPosted: December 22nd, 2011, 5:12 

hddguy wrote:
I think they should make the doctors a little more useful and stable first...

1000% agree.

PostPosted: December 27th, 2011, 3:05 

i guess maybe good products with better technique and good quality need time to get a birth. Maybe someday we will see SD or Atola make a better product.

PostPosted: December 27th, 2011, 6:24 

Wow ...

bet you have no clue about the Atola tools - otherwise
you wouldnt have named Atola in the same sentense.

+++

PostPosted: December 27th, 2011, 10:54 

I agree with falther

PostPosted: December 27th, 2011, 10:55 

Agreed with Falther on the Atola comment. Atola makes some really good tools. I wish the course was not in China and somewhere closer the flight costs alone !

PostPosted: December 28th, 2011, 1:53 

networks wrote:
Agreed with Falther on the Atola comment. Atola makes some really good tools. I wish the course was not in China and somewhere closer the flight costs alone !

It will not be held in China but anywhere all over the world, like a tour show. Maybe it will start in your city, be careful~

PostPosted: December 28th, 2011, 3:49 

Ann LeFlore on tour!!............. can I get me a T-Shirt???.... :D

"If it's your only copy - then it's not a backup!"

PostPosted: December 28th, 2011, 5:08 

Touchclarity wrote:
Ann LeFlore on tour!!............. can I get me a T-Shirt???.... :D

Sorry my bad,i add it with word 'not'. It is said that it will be held in Feburary in China. I really hurt you, dont hate me.

PostPosted: July 21st, 2018, 6:05 

Ann LeFlore's Advanced Data Recovery book
WHERE can a copy of this book be found... purchased, ANYTHING? :) I have searched my ass off for this book.

I also feel like case studies that show actual recoveries, each step, why those steps were chosen would be the best form of training/education. Perhaps one day, that will be my role.

Atola Products
Atola is an imager - which is great. But it's not always easy to connect to with HASP.

What are the improvements from the new version over the old ... not in terms of appearance, but actual function. I have both a v3 and v4, but the 4 is the light, and the 3 is comprehensive.

Are there features in v4 (aside from updated drive support) that makes the 4th gen more useful?

PostPosted: July 21st, 2018, 6:50 

Is this opportunity just over ?

PostPosted: September 24th, 2018, 16:44 

Yes, the books were written on how to use the SD tools from Salvation Data. However, if you know how to adapt the technology in the books the information in there can be used with other tools on the market.

Considering SD no longer updates their tools and many people still request the manuals I found a way for people to still get this info. I stopped selling the manuals because SD stopped to support their products. It wasn't fair to ask people to buy the books when SD wasn't doing their part.

Recently I have discovered that I can still offer these books but at a very discounted price. The information in the books is still valid today and will still work with any older model HDD. Yes, we still get these in from time to time and because we are so busy dealing with the new technology some of the old repair tricks have slipped our minds. Therefore, if you are still interested in any of these books just contact me. The price is very reasonable and they are sold as is now and there are no refunds. Many people have taken advantage of the reduced price and have purchased the book in the last few months from me. I just didn't offer them back on here because I didn't think a lot of people were interested in them. However, send me a PM or go to this link and find the download page for eBook. They are listed at the bottom of this page.

Just click on the link the price is displayed, pay the books through PayPal and afterward, click on Return to Merchant to recieve your book.

http://9to5workonline.com - visit the download eBook section on the website and scroll to the bottom of the page.