All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DFL-Data Dr. Pro USB 3.0 Data Recovery
PostPosted: March 11th, 2013, 0:28 

so is this tool really worth the asking price of $3,000 or are you better spending it on atola or deepspar

myself atola never failed yet for us

very well built equipment and the technical service is the best we seen in a very longtime

so who own one of these tools data dro pro tools and would you be willing to do a report and technical information

tell us what you like about the unit

how the build quality is

what you dislike about the software (example slow to use crashes a lot etc)

Free software upgrade for the first three years starting from the purchase is a good deal
but the question is you have to pay for each upgrades :shock:
and from the fourth year, USD300 each upgrade. :shock:

is there really another market for this tool as we already have the data compass and atola insight and deep spar

Post subject: Re: DFL-Data Dr. Pro USB 3.0 Data Recovery
PostPosted: March 11th, 2013, 4:55 

Not easy to get a review. This tool is only for sale for about 1 week.

PostPosted: March 11th, 2013, 5:19 

craig6928

Quote:
so is this tool really worth the asking price of $3,000 or are you better spending it on atola or deepspar

Well my point of view here is the Time/Investment/knowledge and final results on it never been the price

Quote:
how the build quality is

Never mind, sometimes cheap 5$ terminal cable can solve hundreds or maybe thousands of $$$$

Quote:
what you dislike about the software (example slow to use crashes a lot etc)

Why look @ the DARK side 1st.??? why not ask about the Bright side of it? like features and so.

Quote:
and from the fourth year, USD300 each upgrade. :shock:

heheh and you forgot how MUCH YOU MADE IN 3Y from the box?

Quote:
is there really another market for this tool as we already have the data compass and atola insight and deep spar

Sure there is, and it is MUCH BETTER than SD in fact NO COMPARISON between both

i know for sure that thousands of this been sold in only 1 country land, and all of them are happy, and the SD-WD went back to trash long time back, no one is using it anymore...

hope this answers your questions...

PostPosted: March 12th, 2013, 2:43 

I agree with both answers. One it is hard to get a review on this the tool is very new and they just started selling this one. Second everyone is saying this is the old SD crew opening up a new company. I am sorry to inform you that not one person from SD works for this company. When this company first started out they were trying to do a partenship with SD to develope a good tool for working on WD drives. Well SD did not want any part of this. So they continued on their own and the first tool they developed was software based. After time they made the tool DFL WDII and have been working on updating and modifying this tool ever since. The tool is a lot better than the tool that SD offers and considering SD has not even offered one update in almost 2 years on their tool this says a lot for who works for who and who did not work for who.

I believe before judgeing this company you should understand they are not from SD and they are very young. They are working on trying to improve all their tools all the time and to make new tools that will help the DR industry. I feel like they should be given a little more chance to prove themselves considering their company is new. SD has had a long time to prove themselves and we see what we have from them. A bunch of dust collectors and people who bought these tools who thought that the one button solution was the best and found out they could not use them at all. So now what do we have a lot of SD tools on the market for resale. I guess right now we do not see the DFL tools being resold so there must be people that are happy with them and like what they invested in.

Sorry this is my idea on this one.

PostPosted: March 12th, 2013, 6:43 

for me, it seems like is early days. Always early tools are very basic until are developed further. Hopefully it will be better that the stuff SD had, but its still no PC3000 :D

PostPosted: March 29th, 2013, 8:10 

Thank you very much friends for your comments and concern to the Data Dr. Pro.

I just read this post and feel it necessary to explain a little bit on the software upgrade of DDP:

1, You are correct the software upgrade is free for the first three years;
2, From the 4th year, it's USD300 each upgrade with the following supplements:

* Users can skip some unnecessary upgrades(when users feel the current functions are enough for you to handle your cases) and select the latest and necessary upgrade to go with, the price is USD300 as well;
* For minor upgrades or bug removal if there might be, the upgrade is free;
* After three years' development and upgrades, I am sure this tool has been very mature and on the real way outputting enjoyable performance.

After three years, we believe there must be something new in this field and some necessary new researching and development cost will be greatly involved and that's why we decided this software upgrade policy, thank you for your understanding.

As for the review of DFL-Data Dr. Pro, I hope those who this tool get time to be here and share. This is a new tool, whether it's basic or really something making your business different, users can compare the functions by themselves or listen to those who have it.

Best wishes to all of you and many thanks to Dimitry for setting up this DFL forum.

Sincerely Yours
Stanley Morgan | Dolphin Data Lab

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2013, 7:00 

I bought the WD and DDP tools.
Its too early to have feedback on the DDP, but the WD tool is great and keeps improving.
The DFL team are great and nothing to compare to the SD team(as Anne said all dust collectors -using only the DC sometimes).
I must say that the attitude and support of the DFL team is impressive and they always do their best to listen to their clients and help in addition to really listen to change requests and improvements on products.