All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 897 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Unlocking ATA Password for Western Digital
PostPosted: October 4th, 2014, 8:02 

sedric wrote:
zenelli wrote:
sedric wrote:
please tell me where my password is.

“WDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCW” Not worked.

look at 00000170 tabernus is your password

doesn't work :(

sedric wrote:
zenelli wrote:
which program you use for entering the password?

Mhdd 4.5

I have unlocked the password successfully with Hdat 2 V5

PostPosted: October 15th, 2014, 23:39 

after reading pages i still cant for the life of me figure out how to get the password from the hex file. im about to pull my last hairs out.

im trying to get a password for an original xbox drive, drive crashed so i need to get the pass in order to create a new drive for it.

anyone can help me. have attached 42.txt its my bin file.

Attachments:
42.txt [1 KiB]
Downloaded 1012 times

PostPosted: October 18th, 2014, 23:01 

okay so i been reading some more , but stuff still dont make much sense to me. i never had to unlock a hard drive ever so this is a first for me. im kinda good with computers and figuring out stuff but this one is just doing my head in and here is why...

like i said this drive is from an original xbox. the xbox drive crashed on me a week ago, so only way to use a new drive is to get the key for the drive cause each drive is locked to the xbox , without locking the new drive with the same key the drive wont work on the xbox... i need the user password. cause it cant possibly be the master one , there is no way that xbox would use that "WDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWD" as the pass.

but here is my issue i did look online for examples of xbox hard drive passwords, all i can see is that all of them are 32 characters. but none of them have some of the characters that u get from typing in a password using alt command. u know like hearts and stuff like that. so i dont know :(

anyone can help me figure out what the user password is on this file...

Attachments:
42 bin.jpg
42 bin.jpg [ 542.84 KiB | Viewed 20464 times ]

PostPosted: December 14th, 2014, 22:58 

Heloo,I read bin from my WD3200BEVT.
But I Cannot see code from bin. Can you help me what is code? Thanks

Attachments:
21.png
21.png [ 197.84 KiB | Viewed 20141 times ]
22.png
22.png [ 187.33 KiB | Viewed 20141 times ]

PostPosted: December 15th, 2014, 0:47 

22.png
0x12D - 32 byte user password
0x14D - 32 byte master pass.

PostPosted: December 15th, 2014, 6:25 

So password is %&$STPC but is not working or i blind and cannot see the correct...anybody else can help here?

Attachments:
aa.png
aa.png [ 207.23 KiB | Viewed 20104 times ]

PostPosted: December 15th, 2014, 7:11 

I unlocked it with HDAT2(hex)Thanks for help and sorry for spam:P

PostPosted: January 9th, 2015, 12:57 

Dear community:
First of all I introduce myself. My name is Juan Manuel and I am from Argentina. (also please excuse my horrible English).
I have given to you because of nowhere, after formatting my HDD WD Caviar Green 500GB for the OS reeinstalar my PC, the HDD is lock and I am not accessing and aboslutamente anything.
I have read several pages, various forums across the web and have not been able to find the result. What if I stay clear is that the HDD Password Lock by Ata.
I write here because all you have come to the solution of the problem, only the help of this forum helped me.
Step to tell them and also with Screenshoots my problem:

By MHHD I could extract the 22.BIN, yielding the following:

http://i.minus.com/ibmlYRjbRmFPiP.jpg

I have read about identifying Users Pass and Pass Masters. As purchased by you and watching the 22.BIN sack in conclusion that:

User Pass:

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

http://i.minus.com/ikpHwOVEE9ope.jpg

Master Pass:

57 44 43 57 44 43 57 44 43 57 44 43 57 44 43 57 44 43 57 44 43 57 44 43 57 44 43 57 44 43 57 00

http://i.minus.com/i58CkXNHKHwwc.jpg

If until now acquired information that is valid (please correct me if I make mistakes), then with these data, I could not unlock my HDD.
By accessing the keys in MHHD I always throw the message "Fail", but also'm not sure I used the correct method and the correct way. It has not been clear how I admit you the keys with "ALT GR" and all that ...

Then I found information that Victoria can do. The method is the same as the friend Spildit shared, but I think it was failing on the way to save the key in the file ...
I'll try to Spildit information, as this much clearer copy and paste and save the file that way.
I just wanted to ask if so I have to save the files:

User Password:

http://i.minus.com/isSL1z3cJ7YjT.jpg

Master Password:

http://i.minus.com/ib1UJseSf7Sl4f.jpg

I also show you information that throws me Victoria, and errors when loading the file.
The Victoria I'm running from the Hiren's Boot MiniXp. You can run this way?

http://i.minus.com/i1k3PMwE6n2vi.jpg

http://i.minus.com/ibjBmU6ML5RUb5.jpg

Greetings all, many thanks for having been so many years fighting this problem and providing all possible solutions!
I start to realize the shared Spildit tutorial and step them the news. Many Thanks!

PostPosted: January 12th, 2015, 8:25 

Spildit wrote:
Tutorial: Using Victoria to send ATA passwords as a file:

http://malthus.mooo.com/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=1072

Regards :)

Quemero wrote:
Dear community:
First of all I introduce myself. My name is Juan Manuel and I am from Argentina. (also please excuse my horrible English).
I have given to you because of nowhere, after formatting my HDD WD Caviar Green 500GB for the OS reeinstalar my PC, the HDD is lock and I am not accessing and aboslutamente anything.
I have read several pages, various forums across the web and have not been able to find the result. What if I stay clear is that the HDD Password Lock by Ata.
I write here because all you have come to the solution of the problem, only the help of this forum helped me.
Step to tell them and also with Screenshoots my problem:

By MHHD I could extract the 22.BIN, yielding the following:

http://i.minus.com/ibmlYRjbRmFPiP.jpg

I have read about identifying Users Pass and Pass Masters. As purchased by you and watching the 22.BIN sack in conclusion that:

User Pass:

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

http://i.minus.com/ikpHwOVEE9ope.jpg

Master Pass:

57 44 43 57 44 43 57 44 43 57 44 43 57 44 43 57 44 43 57 44 43 57 44 43 57 44 43 57 44 43 57 00

http://i.minus.com/i58CkXNHKHwwc.jpg

If until now acquired information that is valid (please correct me if I make mistakes), then with these data, I could not unlock my HDD.
By accessing the keys in MHHD I always throw the message "Fail", but also'm not sure I used the correct method and the correct way. It has not been clear how I admit you the keys with "ALT GR" and all that ...

Then I found information that Victoria can do. The method is the same as the friend Spildit shared, but I think it was failing on the way to save the key in the file ...
I'll try to Spildit information, as this much clearer copy and paste and save the file that way.
I just wanted to ask if so I have to save the files:

User Password:

http://i.minus.com/isSL1z3cJ7YjT.jpg

Master Password:

http://i.minus.com/ib1UJseSf7Sl4f.jpg

I also show you information that throws me Victoria, and errors when loading the file.
The Victoria I'm running from the Hiren's Boot MiniXp. You can run this way?

http://i.minus.com/i1k3PMwE6n2vi.jpg

http://i.minus.com/ibjBmU6ML5RUb5.jpg

Greetings all, many thanks for having been so many years fighting this problem and providing all possible solutions!
I start to realize the shared Spildit tutorial and step them the news. Many Thanks!

I'm almost what I can not believe !! I fall a few tears ... hahaha

Spildit Thank you so much for sharing the information was very useful and clear, I could solve no problems !!!

Eternally grateful to this forum and everyone who helped to solve this big problem.

Affectionate greeting to all !!!

Attachments:
Screenshot 20150112-042416.jpg
Screenshot 20150112-042416.jpg [ 155.12 KiB | Viewed 19811 times ]
Screenshot 20150112-042833.jpg
Screenshot 20150112-042833.jpg [ 140.68 KiB | Viewed 19811 times ]
Screenshot 20150112-071832.jpg
Screenshot 20150112-071832.jpg [ 138.58 KiB | Viewed 19811 times ]

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2015, 15:58 

I have been pouring over this thread for some time now and i feel I am 1/3 the way so where I need to be but I am not finding the information in the order i need to understand how to proceed. >_<;

We do not know the HDD password applied to the drive, nor has the standard WD Master Pass worked "WDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWDCWD"

Some Information
I am using Ultimate Boot CD V5.3.3 in order to use MHDD32 v4.6
It works.
I can get in and select the appropriate HHD.
It is a WD2500AAJS 250GB SATA HDD.
The Hard drive is mounted into a desktop computer. It is the only HDD on that machine. It also has a single optical drive. (CD) which is also SATA and is discoverable in MHDD
The HDD i am working on has the OS and Boot Sector, so there is no other drive to boot to in order to analyze this HDD in a fully functioning OS. (I am going to bring it to one, later today.)

I am trying to access/create the binary files in order to get the memory dump. This is noted on Page 2 or 3 of this monster thread.

What I am trying to figure out is how to get the batch file listed back on page to into the batch folder in MHDD. Problem is none of the DOS commands, when i ALT + X into the DOS prompt seem to work. I can "TYPE" files to read them, but that is it. I cannot write to existing files or create new ones. (Clearly i am doing something wrong.)

So that is the issue i am at, I have not found specific instructions on how to create the DUMP files in order to see what the Master Password is on this HDD. I would settle for the current user Password.

Now, I am thinking that in order to get that, I am going to need to connect the HDD to a working computer and create/read the Binary files that way. All of the screen shots i am seeing are form working computers.

Any suggestions on where to proceed, here?

What I need:
Create the rom dump file
Read the rom dump file

I feel like with 43 pages of communication dating back to 2009, I should have everything I need but clearly i am missing steps, somewhere.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks very much.

(Solved or slagged, I will post a response for others to learn.)

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2015, 19:21 

@Spildit

I had to set the SATA to IDE compatible in order for the drives to show up in MHDD. So that is done.

You are suggesting after 43 pages of reading, it May be this simple? (Method 1)

I am going to give this stuff a go and see how that goes.
I can;t thank you enough, even for the quick pointers.

PostPosted: February 4th, 2015, 10:59 

Here is where I am.

I have Hiren's MiniXP running, no problem.

When I boot the system it still asks me to use the master pass or the user pass, or I can bypass that and boot without the HDD. So clearly the disk is there.

In Hiren's, it does not detect the HDD. This includes whether or not I boot it up with the drive powered on or off, set to IDE or not. I also unplugged the CD drive while in Hiren's to prove that it does show that the drive is gone, so it does update automatically.

On the MOBO, I have, only, 3 SATA ports. SATA1(JP1), SATA2 (JP2), SATA(JP3). They are in that order.
HDD is plugged in to SATA1 and CD Drive is plugged in to SATA2.

Anyway, I tried WDR. Just in case I ran it on ALL of the ports (2 * port 2 and 2* port 4). It doesn't create a lot because there is no C:. I go into HD-ROYAL and use the option to clear the password. It says successful for all ports selected.

Password is still there.

I am now using ZU.
Again, the Drive does not show in the miniXP.
I have set the drive to IDE in the BIOS.

I opened a command prompt and currently I have done "ZU /P"
It is showing elapsed time so i have no idea if it is doing anything. At least I know that the app is running if it is refreshing the time.

I am now waiting to see if the time will stop elapsing.
I am at ELAPSED 00:13:00 so I am going to try this again from a fresh reboot.

That is where I am now.

PostPosted: February 4th, 2015, 12:39 

It's weird, I can interact with the drive in MHDD, but I cannot see it in MiniXP or in the WDR.

ZU has been running /p for over an hour now, so i think, without the drive being detected, outside of the BIOS, it is no good, without the password(s).

*Remains hopeful for now*

I will update if I give up.

PostPosted: February 10th, 2015, 10:11 

Update

Nothing we tried worked. Thankfully some one found an e-mail with the HDD User Password so I was able to unlock it and disable the damn thing before it caused any more trouble.

Unfortunately the drive has reverted to RAW. So I can access it now but it looks like it will need a re-image. I am going through some of the Hiren apps to see if there is an app to re-initialize it.

TestDisk is what i am using first.

PostPosted: February 18th, 2015, 18:14 

Hello

I'm new on this site, but I'll try to list all the details of my situation.
I bought a Medion MIM2280 laptop from some guy on the internet, which has a Samsung HM640JJ HDD in it. He sold me the laptop quite cheap, because he said it's "broken", but after some research, I found out that actually, the HDD was locked by an ATA password. Till now, I didn't even know that you can put a password on a HDD, so obviously I had to do a little bit of research. I tried all kind of "solutions" found on the internet, but none of them worked. Yesterday, I came across this forum, and learned that the ATA password shoud be hidden somewhere in the hex code...so I gave it a try.
I booted HBCD from an USB, and started Mini Windows XP. Then I used Samsung Repair Tool to access the hex code of the HDD, but then, I bumped into another problem: it's all zeroes, and I have no idea why or what that means. So if anyone thinks that can help me, please do!

Attachments:
File comment: Victoria 4.6b HDD info
victoria 4.6b.jpg
victoria 4.6b.jpg [ 130.64 KiB | Viewed 16276 times ]
shrt2.jpg
shrt2.jpg [ 168.8 KiB | Viewed 16276 times ]

PostPosted: February 19th, 2015, 5:48 

Yes, I've read the module (the green checkmark is there), and I don't know why it's not at the start of the module, or why the hex is completely empty.
Where I could find a module for my drive and how to copy it into the HDD? (sorry for being such a noob, but I'm kind of new into this stuff)

Attachments:
Samsung hrt.jpg
Samsung hrt.jpg [ 80.25 KiB | Viewed 16243 times ]

PostPosted: February 19th, 2015, 6:11 

This is differrent series and differrent firmware structure compared to old ones......The pasword is in other place in firmware.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2015, 14:00 

So how can i get rid of the ATA Password? Does anyone know any reliable tool for doing this?

PostPosted: February 21st, 2015, 1:44 

Sorry for not responding sooner, but I had to deal with another problem - my laptop started displaying some colored lines and the screen was splitted in four. It seems like the gpu wasn't cooling properly and it partially disconnected from the motherboard. So I connected it back on and changed the thermal conductive silicon pad.
Now, back to the main problem: my drieve doesn't have a B2 - PROFILE, and I've already tried to work with SHT, but it didn't work. Now, I've downloaded MRTLab Pro, but since I've never used it and it's not actually a "common user" tool, I could really use some help.

Thanks!

PostPosted: February 21st, 2015, 5:06 

Quote:
I've downloaded MRTLab Pro
MrtLab is a software and hardware combination. If you don't have the hardware then forget it!
I think it is time for you to make your own thread and ask questions there.
Sorry but this thread is for Western Digital only! Not Samsung!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 897 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next