All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Head map in Ram for WD problem
PostPosted: December 17th, 2016, 5:46 

Hi guys

I want to ask the one of you guys who own MRT software this:
I have MRT Express (with DE) version brought about 15 days ago, so I'm new to this tool. I have installed the latest version of software and started to play with it. I've tested some utilities from Hitachi, Samsung and Seagate and all was ok (at least until now).

I have a WD drive , WD5000LPVX-80V0TT0 with a weak head. Enter the Marwell utility, all is ok, hdd have ID ,full sector access but of course , sectors form H1 are read slowly because H1 is weak. Now I wanted to do Head map in Ram and , to my surprise, when I press "RAM headmap edit" button , hdd make a loud click, go to busy make another click , hdd goes ready and utility say "Read Ram data Err!".

I tested a few more times and no difference. Seeing this I started to test more WD drives to see if I can get a result or not. So I tested on a FbLite, Mariner , Denali, Jamaica , Sadle G6 and a DF2_PL4K and the only one that worked was the DF2 drive (all drives are in good conditions, with full sector access but a lot of bad sectors). On all other tested drives the utility says "Get Ram Head map Data Err. Advise setting power off and try again".

Now I'm asking: Is there something I do wrong? I need to connect the serial port for HM in RAm to work? (I think not but maybe I'm wrong).
Is there something wrong with my setup or is the software that does not know how to do HM in Ram for these drives?

So , can anyone test that, or already tested and give me a clue?

Thanks
Rgds

Post subject: Re: Head map in Ram for WD problem
PostPosted: December 19th, 2016, 2:36 

So, to be more precise, I know I don't need HM in Ram to extract data from this hdd....In fact the data is copying right now on my DDI( I don't trust MRT in this moment)....I just accessed the HM in Ram function to see if it works and it did't work as I already said. I just want to know what to expect in the future regarding this.
So , is there anybody that can test if it works ?
Common guys, I know that there are a few of you that have the tool....Can you help me with an answer?

Rgds

PostPosted: December 19th, 2016, 4:56 

ccc wrote:
Hi guys

I want to ask the one of you guys who own MRT software this:
I have MRT Express (with DE) version brought about 15 days ago, so I'm new to this tool. I have installed the latest version of software and started to play with it. I've tested some utilities from Hitachi, Samsung and Seagate and all was ok (at least until now).

I have a WD drive , WD5000LPVX-80V0TT0 with a weak head. Enter the Marwell utility, all is ok, hdd have ID ,full sector access but of course , sectors form H1 are read slowly because H1 is weak. Now I wanted to do Head map in Ram and , to my surprise, when I press "RAM headmap edit" button , hdd make a loud click, go to busy make another click , hdd goes ready and utility say "Read Ram data Err!".

I tested a few more times and no difference. Seeing this I started to test more WD drives to see if I can get a result or not. So I tested on a FbLite, Mariner , Denali, Jamaica , Sadle G6 and a DF2_PL4K and the only one that worked was the DF2 drive (all drives are in good conditions, with full sector access but a lot of bad sectors). On all other tested drives the utility says "Get Ram Head map Data Err. Advise setting power off and try again".

Now I'm asking: Is there something I do wrong? I need to connect the serial port for HM in RAm to work? (I think not but maybe I'm wrong).
Is there something wrong with my setup or is the software that does not know how to do HM in Ram for these drives?

So , can anyone test that, or already tested and give me a clue?

Thanks
Rgds

Well,
What has head map in Ram do do with your problem .In your case you just run the wdc utility ,leave it open start de create head map and untick weak head clone all working heads and then retick weak head change parameters and work .MRT is a second tier data recovery tool like dfl .So for real work PC 3000 is the way to go ,But Mrt is not a bad tool imho .I have 2 of these units

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

PostPosted: December 19th, 2016, 5:45 

Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:
ccc wrote:

Well,
What has head map in Ram do do with your problem .

I already said that the data is copying....I only want to know if the feature works or not for thie new series of WD drives....Just to see what to expect in the future when I will need the HM in Ram feature .

Rgds