All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Microscope Update - Assistance And Help Required
PostPosted: December 31st, 2016, 15:00 

Hello ,
I Have The Following Microscope With 3 Steps Magnification 10x,20x and 40x .I Have Used This When i Started Working With SMD's And Then Hard Drive Head Inspection .This is The Microscope i Have - > http://quasmoindianmicroscope.com/?prod ... croscope-2 .I Would Be Having a Small Laminar Flow Bench In My Classroom Around April 2017 .I Plan To Shift This Microscope To That Place That Time .I Am Having Two Separate Enclosed Rooms Now With 90Inch Wide Laminar Flow Benches [ 1 Room Is Operational Second Room Is Awaiting a Laminar But Constructed ] . Plan Is To Do 3.5" Drives In One Room And 2.5" In The Other .In a Separate Room i Plan To Install 3 Work Tables [ 1 Is Already Operational ] ,2 are pending Purchase .Central Table Will Handle All SMD Work Related To HDD's and NANDS and The Two Side Tables Will Handle Dedicated BGA Machines And High End SMD Machine " I Could Also Shift My Current Microscope To That Section Dedicatedly To Handle SMD Work " .I Am Wanting To Upgrade My Microscope To a Good Simul Focal Stereo Zoom Microscope With Good Quality Camera And Light System " But i Can Buy The Camera Later On Too " .I am Seeing Two Types Focal Working Distance 8" And 4" , Which Is Good For Hard Drive Inspection " Platters " And Hard Drive Heads .Will i Have Space To Put Them In My Current Laminar Flow Setup Which is 90Inch Wide OR Shall i Buy a Separate Laminar Flow With Just a Microscope For Inspection Work " If i Do i Will Need To Carry Heads and Platters [ Complete HDA Assembly ] " From Those Two Dedicated Sections To This Third Laminar Flow Bench " .I Am Not Finding Much Options in India and i Have Decided To Go With Amscope In USA That Will Ship Goods To My Torrance USA Forwarder Address And i Will Import It To India From There .I Have Seem Dimitry Sirs Scope In His Office It Seems To Me Like a Boom Stand Model .Now Boom Stands Are Of Two Types Single Arm and Dual Arm .i Think Dual would Be Better " But i May Be Wrong " . Whats The Maximum Magnification i Should Be Looking At When We Talk About Hard Drives And When We Talk About NAND Work .This is Something That i Have Narrowed Into .My Max Budget Is USD 750/- Currently - > http://www.amscope.com/catalogsearch/re ... imul+focal .Please Help Me Find a Good Model For My Work From This List i Have Given a Link To

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

Post subject: Re: Microscope Update - Assistance And Help Required
PostPosted: January 4th, 2017, 18:22 

This is my scope:
http://www.amscope.com/3-5x-90x-simul-f ... light.html

I love it
$670 USD

My camera:
http://www.amscope.com/1080p-autofocus- ... -hdmi.html
$459 USD

It's "okay", nothing amazing except I think it's one of the few (?only?) with Auto Focus.

Taking pictures with a camera is pointless because looking through the microscope will always look better :-)
It works very nice for tiny SMD's although I spend more time zoomed out optically because that level of detail isn't needed. On tiny monolithics its helpful though.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2017, 12:32 

jeremyb wrote:
This is my scope:
http://www.amscope.com/3-5x-90x-simul-f ... light.html

I love it
$670 USD

My camera:
http://www.amscope.com/1080p-autofocus- ... -hdmi.html
$459 USD

It's "okay", nothing amazing except I think it's one of the few (?only?) with Auto Focus.

Taking pictures with a camera is pointless because looking through the microscope will always look better :-)
It works very nice for tiny SMD's although I spend more time zoomed out optically because that level of detail isn't needed. On tiny monolithics its helpful though.

Hi ,
I have a small question for you ,at what height can it focus properly on a hdd or nand card lying on table .

PostPosted: January 13th, 2017, 22:52 

Those Amscopes usually have about 4 inches of working distance with the standard 10x eyepieces and no barlow lens.

PostPosted: January 14th, 2017, 5:03 

JGAN wrote:
Those Amscopes usually have about 4 inches of working distance with the standard 10x eyepieces and no barlow lens.

Hello ,
i Have Read it Can Be 8 Inches Also ? . Is That With Barlow Lens Only ? ,There Are Many Models in Thier Website That Say 8"

PostPosted: January 14th, 2017, 19:04 

Well obviously each model is going to be different. In any case, using a 0.5x barlow lens with any microscope will reduce your zoom by half while doubling your working distance.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2017, 18:38 

JGAN wrote:
Well obviously each model is going to be different. In any case, using a 0.5x barlow lens with any microscope will reduce your zoom by half while doubling your working distance.

+1

I have this with my AmScope and it's great. I use it for everything.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2017, 13:23 

JGAN wrote:

So ,
For approx 4x to 45x magnification we should buy 7x to 90x magnification with barlow lens right

PostPosted: January 16th, 2017, 14:20 

I'm probably wrong but I suspect the working distance of a 90x microscope with a 0.5 Barlow lens would be identical to that of a 45x microscope, so what's the point?

PostPosted: January 16th, 2017, 19:55 

Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:
JGAN wrote:

So ,
For approx 4x to 45x magnification we should buy 7x to 90x magnification with barlow lens right

Yes, but don't forget to factor in lighting. Higher magnification means thicker glass meaning the light will be diffused/refracted/dispersed more (I don't know the physics, sue me), and the farther the distance to the workpiece, the more light you will need to see.

LarrySabo wrote:
I'm probably wrong but I suspect the working distance of a 90x microscope with a 0.5 Barlow lens would be identical to that of a 45x microscope, so what's the point?

That's incorrect. See above.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2017, 20:38 

JGAN wrote:
That's incorrect. See above.

I read the above, and understood it to say that a 0.5x barlow lens would "reduce your zoom by half" (i.e., turn a 90x lens into a 45x lens), and "doubling your working distance" (which I took to mean the working distance of a 90x lens). Is the working distance of a 45x lens not twice that of a 90x lens? If so, then just using a 45x lens would give the same magnification and working distance as a 90x lens with a 0.5 barlow lens.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2017, 22:12 

LarrySabo wrote:
Is the working distance of a 45x lens not twice that of a 90x lens?

No. Assuming the same optics and only a difference in the eyepiece magnification, the working distance of a 45x microscope will be the same as a 90x microscope.

But that all depends on the microscope model itself. Brand X's 45x microscope is not necessarily the same working distance as Brand Y's 45x microscope.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2017, 9:32 

Okay, thanks. I'm surprised to read that because it's contrary to what Amscope told me, hence my confusion.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2017, 15:14 

On my scope I have a working distance of 6.5inches 0.5 barlow and 10X eyepieces