All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesome!
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2018, 19:07 
Offline

Joined: March 20th, 2018, 7:55
Posts: 65
Location: Los Angeles
I’m considering an MRT Labs Ultra
Iit seems um… “very” similar to a PC-3000… excluding the price tag. Given that you can make payments only to the extent the product is "useful" -- which sure does seem a gesture of high confidence.

I see no downside unless the product is crappy -- which, if so, how can they sell them so cheaply?

Is there a collective opinion of those here who've used it?

I can't afford the anti-static bag for a PC-3000 Express Ultimate -- which seems most similar the MRT Ultra in ports making it as close to an apples-to-apples comparison possible (simultaneous projects) and INCLUDES "DE," free.

Is the MRT the incredible value it appears to be?
Is it a near equivalent to the PC-3000?

Or is it mediocre -- rivaling the PC-3000 only in complexity, exacerbated by manuals written in Chinglish?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 8th, 2018, 12:21 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: July 12th, 2010, 4:38
Posts: 1105
Location: Portugal
Go for PC3000. You won't regret it.

_________________
http://www.facebook.com/PCLAB.Assistencia.Tecnica
ACELab partner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 8th, 2018, 13:42 
Offline

Joined: October 21st, 2007, 8:48
Posts: 1283
If you have both you will be very happy and won't regret it. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 8th, 2018, 13:53 
Offline

Joined: September 30th, 2005, 7:33
Posts: 618
unknown wrote:
If you have both you will be very happy and won't regret it. :)

Or you can drink a bottle of vodka every day for about 5 years and won't regret it. Garantee .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 8th, 2018, 13:57 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 9984
Location: Portugal
BGman wrote:
unknown wrote:
If you have both you will be very happy and won't regret it. :)

Or you can drink a bottle of vodka every day for about 5 years and won't regret it. Garantee .


I'm not sure if you wouldn't regret it later but that would indeed make you very happy for sure !

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
paypal.me/Spildit - (PayPal Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 9th, 2018, 7:08 
Offline

Joined: March 20th, 2018, 7:55
Posts: 65
Location: Los Angeles
pclab wrote:
Go for PC3000. You won't regret it.


We're talking like minimum $5000 or so for even a used one -- no idea how often I'll be able to use it, won't know if I'm too stupid for it, etc. etc. And I'd have to buy it first to see if I'm able to be effective with it.

In contrast, the MRT is virtually THE. CHEAPEST. DR product on the market!? And then, ONLY to the extent that you like the product do you keep paying for it. If the product isn't reliable, people would just stop paying, no?

The gesture of confidence that I get from a company that has such confidence in their product that they'd rely on the consumer's continued benefit to be the only way they get even HALF of what ACE charges.

So part of it is that ACE willfully screws the US as a coldwar holdover...? and then this other company is so absolutely confident you'll use their product, that they only get paid from usage.

So, I'm open to purchasing a PC-3000. I DO believe they're product is going to be better in spots. I'd bet that their SSD management is better (don't know the extent).

What I'd like is a sincere list of the present differences that cover the mainstream scenarios that show a REAL DIFFERENCE in PROFITS as a result of the product choice.... which is much more expensive.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 9th, 2018, 13:36 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2017, 12:52
Posts: 14
Location: AZ, USA
trumanhw wrote:

Is the MRT the incredible value it appears to be?
Is it a near equivalent to the PC-3000?

Or is it mediocre -- rivaling the PC-3000 only in complexity, exacerbated by manuals written in Chinglish?


MRT is a pathetic and glitchy parody, IMHO. You don't even get what you pay for. It doesn't have the promised 4 PCI-E channels, the speed is lower than stated. Not to mention that you won't find the majority of the up-to-date data recovery functions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 9th, 2018, 13:43 
Offline

Joined: October 21st, 2007, 8:48
Posts: 1283
Phaz wrote:
trumanhw wrote:

Is the MRT the incredible value it appears to be?
Is it a near equivalent to the PC-3000?

Or is it mediocre -- rivaling the PC-3000 only in complexity, exacerbated by manuals written in Chinglish?


MRT is a pathetic and glitchy parody, IMHO. You don't even get what you pay for. It doesn't have the promised 4 PCI-E channels, the speed is lower than stated. Not to mention that you won't find the majority of the up-to-date data recovery functions.

Do you have one?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 9th, 2018, 14:00 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: April 3rd, 2011, 0:19
Posts: 1872
Location: Providence, RI
I don't own an MRT system, but I'm a daily user of PC-3000 and I've done a fair amount of remote work helping people who are MRT users. I can say with absolute certainty the two tools are not apples to apples. MRT is buggy, missing important features, and overall very difficult to get things done in. PC-3000, on the other hand, is an absolute masterpiece of a tool. I can do things in 10 seconds with PC-3000 that would take an hour to accomplish with MRT (if it can be done at all).

If you plan to offer any sort of professional data recovery service, it's the one tool you can't live without.

_________________
Data Medics - Hard Drive, SSD, and RAID Data Recovery Service Company


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 9th, 2018, 15:27 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: February 9th, 2009, 16:13
Posts: 2105
Location: Ontario, Canada
At this point in time, here are the reasons I'd suggest considering an MRT system:

1. You already have PC3000 and just looking for a cheap way to get more imaging channels and to handle some firmware issues that will help free up PC3000 channels
2. You are new to data recovery and are looking for an inexpensive way to get the ball rolling, but with the end goal of making enough money to afford PC3000
3. In reality, cost/channel for a hardware disk imager is only about $1000/channel

If you want to get a feel for some missing features and glitches that I've noted (either by seeing myself or through others with an MRT), you can go the this post on my company's data recovery forum.

_________________
Luke
RAID Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 9th, 2018, 19:09 
Offline

Joined: October 21st, 2007, 8:48
Posts: 1283
lcoughey wrote:
At this point in time, here are the reasons I'd suggest considering an MRT system:

1. You already have PC3000 and just looking for a cheap way to get more imaging channels and to handle some firmware issues that will help free up PC3000 channels
2. You are new to data recovery and are looking for an inexpensive way to get the ball rolling, but with the end goal of making enough money to afford PC3000
3. In reality, cost/channel for a hardware disk imager is only about $1000/channel


+1 lcoughey


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 10th, 2018, 5:26 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: June 27th, 2005, 8:27
Posts: 614
Location: India
BGman wrote:
unknown wrote:
If you have both you will be very happy and won't regret it. :)

Or you can drink a bottle of vodka every day for about 5 years and won't regret it. Garantee .



Agreed. I am addicted to it now. 8)

_________________
DF :)
www.datatracksystem.net


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 11th, 2018, 3:15 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: August 24th, 2017, 12:52
Posts: 14
Location: AZ, USA
unknown wrote:
Do you have one?


Not anymore


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2018, 12:09 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: February 9th, 2009, 16:13
Posts: 2105
Location: Ontario, Canada
Phaz wrote:
MRT is a pathetic and glitchy parody, IMHO. You don't even get what you pay for. It doesn't have the promised 4 PCI-E channels, the speed is lower than stated. Not to mention that you won't find the majority of the up-to-date data recovery functions.

Although there are plenty of things to jump on with MRT, I don't think that imaging speed is one of them. I've got 3 tasks cloning drive-to-drive 2TB Seagate DM drives, each task averaging at about 120MB/second, on the MRT Ultra, which isn't any different than the speeds I'm getting with my PC3000 Express.

_________________
Luke
RAID Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 24th, 2018, 13:21 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: August 15th, 2006, 3:01
Posts: 2540
Location: CDRLabs @ Chandigarh [ India ]
lcoughey wrote:
Phaz wrote:
MRT is a pathetic and glitchy parody, IMHO. You don't even get what you pay for. It doesn't have the promised 4 PCI-E channels, the speed is lower than stated. Not to mention that you won't find the majority of the up-to-date data recovery functions.

Although there are plenty of things to jump on with MRT, I don't think that imaging speed is one of them. I've got 3 tasks cloning drive-to-drive 2TB Seagate DM drives, each task averaging at about 120MB/second, on the MRT Ultra, which isn't any different than the speeds I'm getting with my PC3000 Express.


Well,
i get 175+

_________________
Regards
Amarbir S Dhillon , Chandigarh Data Recovery Labs
Logical,Semi Physical And Physical Data Recovery
Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 24th, 2018, 13:40 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: February 9th, 2009, 16:13
Posts: 2105
Location: Ontario, Canada
Amarbir[CDR-Labs] wrote:
Well,
i get 175+

On what, MRT or PC3K? Drive to drive or drive to image on a server? HDD or SSD? Healthy or unhealthy?

_________________
Luke
RAID Data Recovery


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 27th, 2018, 2:38 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: July 12th, 2010, 4:38
Posts: 1105
Location: Portugal
Hi

Just to state one thing:
Yesterday I had a case of a burned PCB of a Samsung HD253HJ (F3), and just need to do the simplest things that is read original rom by terminal and write on donor PCB.
After several attempts, I couldn't make it on MRT, it always gave me an error.
On PC3000, I could do it in about 30 min (it takes that much time because reading by terminal is a little slow and it involved the screw and unscrew of the bolts hehehhe).

_________________
http://www.facebook.com/PCLAB.Assistencia.Tecnica
ACELab partner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 27th, 2018, 6:11 
Offline

Joined: March 19th, 2015, 15:01
Posts: 1405
Location: isreal
pclab wrote:
On PC3000, I could do it in about 30 min (it takes that much time because reading by terminal is a little slow and it involved the screw and unscrew of the bolts hehehhe).

you should have done it using an external programmer in 30 "SECONDS"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 27th, 2018, 9:45 
Offline

Joined: October 21st, 2007, 8:48
Posts: 1283
jermy wrote:
pclab wrote:
On PC3000, I could do it in about 30 min (it takes that much time because reading by terminal is a little slow and it involved the screw and unscrew of the bolts hehehhe).

you should have done it using an external programmer in 30 "SECONDS"

Or physically transfer the ROM chip from patient to donor. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Am I wrong to want the MRT Labs Ultra ?? It looks awesom
PostPosted: April 27th, 2018, 15:10 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: December 19th, 2006, 8:49
Posts: 9984
Location: Portugal
pclab wrote:
Hi

Just to state one thing:
Yesterday I had a case of a burned PCB of a Samsung HD253HJ (F3), and just need to do the simplest things that is read original rom by terminal and write on donor PCB.
After several attempts, I couldn't make it on MRT, it always gave me an error.
On PC3000, I could do it in about 30 min (it takes that much time because reading by terminal is a little slow and it involved the screw and unscrew of the bolts hehehhe).


You should had played in "Euromilhões" as well ... Are you sure your PCB was ... BURNED ? If so you were verly lucky to have terminal access to read ROM with PC-3000 or whatever other tool of choice ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
1Q9xrDTzTddUXeJAFRn37aqh1Yr6buDCdw - (Bitcoin Donations)
paypal.me/Spildit - (PayPal Donations)
The HDD Oracle - Platform for OPEN research on Data Recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group