All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2nd. Opinion/Advice required
PostPosted: May 5th, 2018, 4:17 

Hello Guys...

I have a Question or actually something came across my mind which is the following:

I have 4 DVR`s in Diff. locations (Locations connected via private VLAN) and about 6 Cams on each location (DVR`s are HikVision/Dahua)

What i need to do is the following:

One 24'' Screen (for example) and select 2 Cams from each location to display on this 24" Screen (in my office)

What is the easiest way to do that?

thank you

Post subject: Re: 2nd. Opinion/Advice required
PostPosted: May 5th, 2018, 5:41 

I setup something similar, though 3 locations and less cameras, and used some software to manage it. I cannot for the life of me remember what it was and Its all been replaced with a commercial solution by other company a while ago.

It was Open Source, and it may have been the Open Source https://www.ispyconnect.com/, but the more I search the less any of them seem to be it!

I do remember being able to choose whatever cameras from whatever location, in any configuration.

PostPosted: May 5th, 2018, 7:26 

HaQue wrote:
I setup something similar, though 3 locations and less cameras, and used some software to manage it. I cannot for the life of me remember what it was and Its all been replaced with a commercial solution by other company a while ago.

It was Open Source, and it may have been the Open Source https://www.ispyconnect.com/, but the more I search the less any of them seem to be it!

I do remember being able to choose whatever cameras from whatever location, in any configuration.

Thank you for this but what am looking for is a Screen Only to display without any third-party App.

thats the problem...

there should be something similar to this but where exactly i dono...

PostPosted: May 5th, 2018, 10:01 

There is ( was ) a linux tools that would allow you to manage and group security camera feeds by ip. You could probably run that on a raspberry pi, for example, connected to your display.

By the part of "Screen only" you mean you are searching for a kind of appliance lcd display that already has the embedded software for image displaying ?

PostPosted: May 5th, 2018, 12:22 

rogfanther wrote:
There is ( was ) a linux tools that would allow you to manage and group security camera feeds by ip. You could probably run that on a raspberry pi, for example, connected to your display.

By the part of "Screen only" you mean you are searching for a kind of appliance lcd display that already has the embedded software for image displaying ?

yes, similar to it... but again i don`t want to install anything or to cut it short i don`t want to use a PC for it.

i think i found something but need to read more about it n test few things before coming to a conclusion

thnx again :wink:

PostPosted: May 7th, 2018, 4:19 

As an update here Finally got it..

from each DVR we must select the required Camera for Output HDMI/VGA display

and then use all of those Outputs here on this: https://www.amazon.com/HDMI-PIP-Switche ... B075XL6HRV

and connect the Single output to my Office TV/Screen.

It can be done also by using PIP (Picture In Picture) which comes sometimes in Smart TV`s with the same concept (and forget the Amazon product).

:wink:

Thank you all