All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I thought people have to pay $1000+ for DR but what abou
PostPosted: October 18th, 2018, 15:39 

i would not be so sure....

PostPosted: January 7th, 2019, 16:32 

Yeah yeah - but you have to look at the cost-parity:

The Tall Coffee Index (Global Starbucks "PPP" metric)
-or-
The Big Mac Index
https://www.economist.com/news/2018/07/ ... -mac-index

Not only is Serbia about 40% less expensive than the U.S. (which is to say nothing of the expensive cities of the U.S., like New York). But I hear McDonald's abroad is actually a nicer "dining experience" (lol) than in the U.S. Where even using the phrase "dining experience" to describe a feature of McDonalds - seems laughable.

Ironically, only in 'Data Recovery' do we have a community of which it's members ... for whom English is a second language - are more likely to not know what "purchasing" means than to not know what "parity" means.

Where as, speaking to Americans (admittedly poorly educated) ... I've always had to make sure they understood what "parity" meant.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2019, 17:01 

Explain me please what is less expencive in Serbia?
Pc3000, donnor drive, i7 computer, internet or power?
Rent maybe, but i would not be sure. Only thing that is cheeper is sellary.
It means we are used to work for less money :) ?
Trust me, we all know how to spend 1000 USD.
I have been i McDonalds here and i North America, and I garantie
we have more english speaking stuff then in states :)

Plus service is very nice, people are friendly and servile.
They are used to work for more and make less.
If you translate this to DR, you will get persons that have
more work, more expirience that goes to more knowlage.
Am i wrong or every big Dr company over seas has some good engineers
from ExSSSR?
It means competition is at door step, some things will change ....not so fast but they will.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2019, 13:26 

As for me it is good marketing Idea : 300 USD per one drive. Most of cases are cheaper than 300 USD (90+% of cases). Some of them more expensive.
Some complex logical cases may be outsourced (remote access model) i.e. for 100 USD per drive. I saw cases that was not solved by that company because of complexity, but it was two years ago.
This is good marketing and its works;)

PostPosted: September 27th, 2019, 20:02 

helpdisc wrote:

from ExSSSR?
It means competition is at door step, some things will change ....not so fast but they will.

I would LOVE to visit Serbia, and I bet I'd have a happier life (if I can learn the language). I'm not for one second being rude. Sincerely.

However, when you say "computers cost the same here" -- maybe only rent or employees are cheaper ...

Um -- what do you think the THE majority of what we pay for things here?

With 7 employees I was paying over $30,000 a MONTH. My rent was only $3200 ... it's the RECURRING costs that'll grind you down.

And if I'm not mistaken; you also pay a FRACTION of what we pay for a PC-3000 ... likely, DeepSpar and Atola, also. All of those tools are made in your neck of the woods.

While we're at it - I wouldn't be surprised if you also spoke Russian ..? And if not you, many of your associates, and employees at HDD Surgery do.

Both linguistically & culturally -- speaking Russians and being from similar environments must help understand the approach of the developers of PC-3000 -- certainly better than I do. To me? Not to be rude, and first emphasizing that PC3K is THE BEST product ... but it's BRUTAL to figure out what they were thinking; there's no manual worth reading. NONE of the images on icons are intuitive. The names of the icons are even WORSE. Prior to seeing other people use PC3K repeatedly? I had no chance of doing ANYTHING.

I could absolutely make their product 20x easier by reorganizing, renaming, and redesigning their GUI. Literally, a FRACTION of the time to become proficient with the functions within DE & PC3K.

But that's okay. In some ways, the harder it is to learn the best tool in the U.S. -- and the higher the barrier of entry, the better it protects the industry.

In all honesty, thank GOODNESS the tools are costly, otherwise this shit would be $69.

Anyway, again - I think HDD Surgery makes amazing products, great videos, etc. I'd really like to have worked with them to resell their website ... I've emailed them as much, directly.

I'll keep my eye on this thread in case I've accidentally come across as an asshole again and try to clarify the point I was making better.

As far as Brian at 300DDR ... I have used his product/service.

He's INCREDIBLY competent ... I actually have been friends with Nate from Elite Mac Techs for a decade ... who owns the shop attached to 300DDR.

Both of those businesses are very very good companies. Both of the owners are geniuses. No doubt.

If I had to find a fault with 3ddr ... an argument could be made that some people may not love how cut and dry (rigid and decisive) he is with what he does, pricepoint, whether a recovery is within the range of what service he'd provide.

But make no mistake, it's NOT for a lack of competence. Those decisions are cost-benefit and in order to avoid customer frustration of ambiguous circumstances.

So, to the extent a criticism can be levied, they're as much strengths as they are weaknesses.

And I would say it's unwise for any company in the area to consider offering these services without also evaluating the 'competitive landscape' which no doubt, includes Mr. Cometa.

There's much to be learned from his approach / practices; which is absolutely true of Nathan at EMT, as well. Admirable. And I don't say that often.

PostPosted: September 30th, 2019, 2:55 

its actually depend some companies in india do for very cheap price most of them are just doing for experiments you must research before giving drive to any company specially in india :) :)

https://lifeguarddatarecovery.com

PostPosted: September 30th, 2019, 2:58 

HelpDisc are professionals i recommend them .....

years of experience, they have all tools + donors :)

https://lifeguarddatarecovery.com

PostPosted: September 30th, 2019, 3:06 

trumanhw wrote:
helpdisc wrote:

from ExSSSR?

I would LOVE to visit Serbia, and I bet I'd have a happier life (if I can learn the language). I'm not for one second being rude. Sincerely.

However, when you say "computers cost the same here" -- maybe only rent or employees are cheaper ...

Um -- what do you think the THE majority of what we pay for things here?

With 7 employees I was paying over $30,000 a MONTH. My rent was only $3200 ... it's the RECURRING costs that'll grind you down.

And if I'm not mistaken; you also pay a FRACTION of what we pay for a PC-3000 ... likely, DeepSpar and Atola, also. All of those tools are made in your neck of the woods.

While we're at it - I wouldn't be surprised if you also spoke Russian ..? And if not you, many of your associates, and employees at HDD Surgery do.

Both linguistically & culturally -- speaking Russians and being from similar environments must help understand the approach of the developers of PC-3000 -- certainly better than I do. To me? Not to be rude, and first emphasizing that PC3K is THE BEST product ... but it's BRUTAL to figure out what they were thinking; there's no manual worth reading. NONE of the images on icons are intuitive. The names of the icons are even WORSE. Prior to seeing other people use PC3K repeatedly? I had no chance of doing ANYTHING.

I could absolutely make their product 20x easier by reorganizing, renaming, and redesigning their GUI. Literally, a FRACTION of the time to become proficient with the functions within DE & PC3K.

But that's okay. In some ways, the harder it is to learn the best tool in the U.S. -- and the higher the barrier of entry, the better it protects the industry.

In all honesty, thank GOODNESS the tools are costly, otherwise this shit would be $69.

Anyway, again - I think HDD Surgery makes amazing products, great videos, etc. I'd really like to have worked with them to resell their website ... I've emailed them as much, directly.

I'll keep my eye on this thread in case I've accidentally come across as an asshole again and try to clarify the point I was making better.

As far as Brian at 300DDR ... I have used his product/service.

He's INCREDIBLY competent ... I actually have been friends with Nate from Elite Mac Techs for a decade ... who owns the shop attached to 300DDR.

Both of those businesses are very very good companies. Both of the owners are geniuses. No doubt.

If I had to find a fault with 3ddr ... an argument could be made that some people may not love how cut and dry (rigid and decisive) he is with what he does, pricepoint, whether a recovery is within the range of what service he'd provide.

But make no mistake, it's NOT for a lack of competence. Those decisions are cost-benefit and in order to avoid customer frustration of ambiguous circumstances.

So, to the extent a criticism can be levied, they're as much strengths as they are weaknesses.

And I would say it's unwise for any company in the area to consider offering these services without also evaluating the 'competitive landscape' which no doubt, includes Mr. Cometa.

There's much to be learned from his approach / practices; which is absolutely true of Nathan at EMT, as well. Admirable. And I don't say that often.

You do understand there has been 8 months since last post.
In this 8 months you could have seen that America is closer to Russia then Serbia, learn Russian to some level and spend some time in Ace lab training center.
And in all this time you decided to stay firmly at your ground instead of pushing forward.
Good luck, all the best.