All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MRT PRO - EXPERIENCE THREAD
PostPosted: November 25th, 2015, 8:32 

Hey,

Today we finally ordered MRT PRO - ONLINE VERSION.

I will be using this thread to share my experience has someone who has never worked with any HDD-DR hardware tool besides basic imagers.

I'm afraid that MRT will be too hard for me to understand, and they lack documentation, but oh well, let's see.

My other expectation is that MRT-PRO is to PC3K as SC nand reader is to Rusolut.

Post subject: Re: MRT PRO - EXPERIENCE THREAD
PostPosted: November 25th, 2015, 13:39 

DRUG wrote:
Hey,

Today we finally ordered MRT PRO - ONLINE VERSION.

I will be using this thread to share my experience has someone who has never worked with any HDD-DR hardware tool besides basic imagers.

I'm afraid that MRT will be too hard for me to understand, and they lack documentation, but oh well, let's see.

My other expectation is that MRT-PRO is to PC3K as SC nand reader is to Rusolut.

Well ,
MRt Pro Is To PC3k Is Fine .SC To Rusolut [ I Doubt Many Will Agree ] .

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

PostPosted: November 30th, 2015, 12:44 

Well, today MRT arrived to my country, but customs took it and will only release it after paying the import fees (almost 1/3 of the product price)

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2015, 14:37 

After a hell of a fight with customs, I managed to get MRT :D

It will be activated overnight, so cya tomorrow!

PostPosted: December 3rd, 2015, 19:24 

Spildit wrote:
DRUG wrote:
After a hell of a fight with customs, I managed to get MRT :D

It will be activated overnight, so cya tomorrow!

PT customs are a PITA !!!!
They are checking way more packages that they were 2 years ago.
Nowadays even stuff like anime figures and sketches (douga, genga, settei, etc) get checked at custum and they ask for invoice+NIF and they charge even for each day the packages are left there on storage + tax just to get the packaged checked by the custom + IVA :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Stuff like electronic components are allways taxed nowadays even when they are declared as low value or gift.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Those guys just want $$$$
Recently they stalled one package that i've aquired on the japanese yahoo (auction like e-bay but on japan) of imported PS2 Japanese games (graphical novels) and then they requested NIF copy (Citizen Card copy) + invoice of purchase. Then i send them the copies and they requested for me to send them a declaration written and signed by me where i would declare by my honor that i wouldn't re-sell the games and that they were for private use (my own use) and not for re-sell.
Then i send them the document and then when they released the games thre price that they wanted me to pay was 2 times more expensive then the price that i've paid for the games. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I was NOT happy with that and i consider it a robery.
Because even if you import something cheap out of UE they have a fixed price for presentation to custums something like $20 to $30 and you will have to pay that no matter what (no matter whate the value of the stuff you aquire is) just to get the package checked by them then it's more "stamp tax" + IVA tax + tax for each day the package is on storage ...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Had exactly the same issue when I managed to buy mega drive games in bulk for my collection.

1 month ago also bought a Assassins Creed action figure and had to pay 47€ at customs...

This is sad.

Waiting for China opening time so I can get the hands on the product :p

PostPosted: December 4th, 2015, 7:40 

So, finally its all set and ready for work.

The only thing I'm noticing so far is the lack of documentation, but the imager is a really nice feature that I'm already using for cloning 1 bad disk into another!

Attachments:
^6C74D8A8E67FFF1FBE3C7FDD068384080C8A1BDD0C4543E422^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
^6C74D8A8E67FFF1FBE3C7FDD068384080C8A1BDD0C4543E422^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg [ 48.32 KiB | Viewed 24313 times ]
^96972B881BE32FA490498FDCFED0A8EFB8DFDDC30ECB49424D^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg
^96972B881BE32FA490498FDCFED0A8EFB8DFDDC30ECB49424D^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg [ 48.71 KiB | Viewed 24313 times ]

PostPosted: January 12th, 2016, 11:28 

OK, so after a month of experience here's my input.

Lacks documentation, A LOT.
Comunication with MRT Team isn't the best, but I'm willing to believe thats because our time schedual is completly off-sync.

The hardware works well and never crashed.

I've been using MRT mainly to image and diagnose problems on clients drives, but I'm still to fresh to work with firmware issues, so whenever I can i buy some old drives and I do some experiences with them.

It's fair to say that in my case is the best bang for the buck, specially because our company isn't 100% about data recovery and I'm the only one who takes care of that area.
However easily we can make 500-750€ a month in recoveries and that covers the expenses.

pclab helps me everytime I ask for and I feel my knowledge about DATAREC has grown since the purchase, but I'm still in the first mile of an infinite road.

PostPosted: January 25th, 2016, 5:36 

I hope there is enough speed for imaging, both channels can be fully loaded and there is no fake. Recently MRT announced a four-port MRT Ultra board but in reality it has only two ports instead of four. MRT Ultra is based on two-channel controller and it seems really strange why they claim that it has four high speed ports. It can be a frustrating purchase...

PostPosted: January 27th, 2016, 15:26 

Hello,

Thank's for the MRT "imput". I'm thinking about MRT's.

Look's good, but i'm not shure about the purchase.

The firmware repair process to WD's, Samsung's and Seagate's it's the main goal to me ( for DR purpose).

Now i'm think about DFL tools vs MRT.
W/ DFL-DE ( i like it ) , and others tools ( some suspicius SW / HW ), DY,etc i'm limited...

Regards.

PostPosted: January 27th, 2016, 16:03 

Just from what I've seen doing remote support helping a few MRT users, the tool isn't half bad. It's certainly not as powerful or user friendly as PC-3000 (the gold standard), but I'd say it can still handle 85% of the firmware cases that PC-3000 can handle. However there are some drawbacks if you compare the two such as, no ability to decrypt WD encrypted drives, no ability to deal with SED locked drives, unable to make certain system file edits in Seagate, and more.

Having used PC-3000 for a few years now, I could never switch. But, it's a good starter tool. Way better than buying something like Salvation Data junk.

I have no experience with DFL, so I can't really speak on that subject. I know some guys like their tools.

PostPosted: July 26th, 2016, 8:08 

Like to add few words about DFL-tools.
Our engineer attended DFL-advanced data recovery training last month. The experience was really great!!
They provide best support as well. They are always ready to attend your queries. I had send msgs 10 PM(China time) and got proper response from them.

Thanks to DFL team..!:-)

Shijin
Space Recovery

PostPosted: July 27th, 2016, 13:16 

data-medics wrote:
Just from what I've seen doing remote support helping a few MRT users, the tool isn't half bad. It's certainly not as powerful or user friendly as PC-3000 (the gold standard), but I'd say it can still handle 85% of the firmware cases that PC-3000 can handle. However there are some drawbacks if you compare the two such as, no ability to decrypt WD encrypted drives, no ability to deal with SED locked drives, unable to make certain system file edits in Seagate, and more.

Having used PC-3000 for a few years now, I could never switch. But, it's a good starter tool. Way better than buying something like Salvation Data junk.

Totally agree. But i think Maxtor Salvation Data is better then MRT Maxtor utility.
MRT staff is not interested to resolve Maxtor bugs (example DiamondMax Plus 9 LDR) because they say that these drives are to old, for this reason they don't care...

PostPosted: November 9th, 2018, 13:25 

Hı.
I am new at recovery job. I read so much thing over internet and hdddgru forum. Searched all recovery product . Recently I have decide to MRT. And ordered.
I have MRT ULTRA online . Today activated. Trying to learn .
My experience ; seller department working nice. Posting also well.
I dont know how is working other brands product. After start to used in 1 day i can say MRT ULTRA would do good things for my future. As i said , i am new and trying to learn recovery.

I plug in a busy state hdd over MRT card. And sellected Mount As Drive. That HDD come to my computer as connecting over USB port. Tried to use a common recovery program. It is working 6 times faster than normal connection. That's great for now for me. I believe it would better When i learn recovery procedure.
Thanks to MRT

PostPosted: November 10th, 2018, 5:14 

Considering the cost and that it can do 85 Percent of PC3000, how can you beat the price ? Support is lacklustre but it'a still the best bang for buck. I have MRT Ultra plus the Rapidspar unit. Could not have been happier. I might grab a second of the MRT unit just in case they decide to jack up the price. DE speed is fantastic. It would be nice to get my hands on a PC 3000 user manual, most functions are similar to MRT from what I read. MRT needs to hire someone to prepare a comprehensive manual and proper english videos. At first, it was difficult to deal with the Hinglish.

Big thanks to Amarbir Bhai for posting an excellent MRT setup video, it came in handy when I bought my unit. Any new user should use that as a standard for setting up their MRT. The company should give him a free unit and he could perhaps come up with some excellent MRT user videos and cases and hold off on that DR training video youtube course.

PostPosted: November 10th, 2018, 6:44 

I also own a MRT Express, but once you get the hands on a PC3000, MRT will look like an old Fiat on the garage when you are driving an Excellent Mercedes, you just want to play with the Fiat sometimes ahhahha

PostPosted: November 11th, 2018, 23:57 

pclab wrote:
I also own a MRT Express, but once you get the hands on a PC3000, MRT will look like an old Fiat on the garage when you are driving an Excellent Mercedes, you just want to play with the Fiat sometimes ahhahha

If you treat PC3000 as Mercedes, I would take MRT as BMW. My MRT Ultra is damn fast to do DE and is awesome repairing some Seagate. Just like BMW in driving, MRT always surprise me in some way after My PC3000 surrendered.

After all, MRT is a younger company than ACE, we should be more open and positive. Even Mercedes said time without BMW is a bit boring :D

PostPosted: November 12th, 2018, 6:36 

reco wrote:
I would take MRT as BMW.

MRT is more like a Shuanghuan copy of BMW

PostPosted: November 12th, 2018, 10:48 

reco wrote:
If you treat PC3000 as Mercedes, I would take MRT as BMW.

I would definitely say no to that comparison. I can do repairs in seconds with PC-3000 that'd take hours to perform in MRT.

reco wrote:
Just like BMW in driving, MRT always surprise me in some way after My PC3000 surrendered.

Perhaps you just need more experience working in PC-3000 then. I've yet to ever see a single thing that MRT could do that I couldn't do in 1/2 the time on PC-3000.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2018, 4:20 

I compare with a Mercedes, so I don't say a Maybach.
Because Mercedes still have some issues (nothing is perfect), but to be real PC3K is a Maybach actually.
As Data-medics said, once you work with a PC3K you don't need another tool.
Of course, money is a big question in this, but @reco I have a MRT for sale you want another one.

PostPosted: November 13th, 2018, 21:34 

Orizarrb wrote:
reco wrote:
I would take MRT as BMW.

MRT is more like a Shuanghuan copy of BMW

:D Interesting!I didn't know this brand before, :lol: .you are right :D .