Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

How to hot swap WD10JMVW Fblite for data recovery

November 13th, 2018, 4:06

Hi i have this drive and can not acces data, what is instruction of hot swap ?

Re: How to hot swap WD10JMVW Fblite for data recovery

November 13th, 2018, 4:26

There is none.

ROM module 4F is unique, so you can't hotswap them.

November 13th, 2018, 4:43

northwind wrote:There is none.

ROM module 4F is unique, so you can't hotswap them.

Are u sure ? so whats the other option for data recovery ? this is USB drive i changed board to SATA
In this drive i cant access data and without disable 411 I cant access to modules
I try to seek loader so module 411 and 1B successfully write but 11 with error and not helping.
this is the pic after disable 411
Attachments
Annotation.png

November 14th, 2018, 2:29

Spildit wrote:Send the drive to a reputable data recovery firm or at least to someone that knows what he/she is doing ?

Better outsource rather than messing with client drive ...

If you want help, help! no need to be harsh :?
everyone start at low , and I recently start doing this business, for my living.
and I think on usage of this forum for beginners like me to become pro.

November 14th, 2018, 4:29

Spildit wasn't trying to be harsh on you, he was only giving you good advice.
I'm pretty sure he will reply shortly with plenty of links for beginners that will help you.

Everybody started from somewhere, but when something is beyond you, you need to stop in respect of your client's data.
When you learn more, you will be able to handle more cases, but until then, you need to outsource cases that are difficult/beyond your knowledge.
Spildit is right.

In regards to your question, I do not use MRT so I can't help, but maybe, if you describe in details drive's behavior we could give you further advice.

Best of luck.

November 14th, 2018, 6:28

northwind wrote:Spildit wasn't trying to be harsh on you, he was only giving you good advice.
I'm pretty sure he will reply shortly with plenty of links for beginners that will help you.

Everybody started from somewhere, but when something is beyond you, you need to stop in respect of your client's data.
When you learn more, you will be able to handle more cases, but until then, you need to outsource cases that are difficult/beyond your knowledge.
Spildit is right.

In regards to your question, I do not use MRT so I can't help, but maybe, if you describe in details drive's behavior we could give you further advice.

Best of luck.

I know, but its my job to solve the problem and I want to do that.
So as I mention before I dont have access to data, module and etc, after disable module 411 , i can read and write module but not access to Data, I already contact with MRT support but he neither to solve problem and say its error on module 411. I dont know what to do more and cantacting this forum maybe data experts can help me,
anything you need about drive, just ask me.

PS: I have 2 drive from this model and family have this problem, but on them I dont need data. I think its common problem on WD My Pass Ultra

November 17th, 2018, 3:38

still waiting for your helps

November 17th, 2018, 8:54

Would recommend hot swapping and testing the heads on the failed drive. Likely they are damaged.

November 17th, 2018, 11:17

labtech wrote:Would recommend hot swapping and testing the heads on the failed drive. Likely they are damaged.

it seems its not possible for this family to hotswap and I dont think its head problem

Spildit wrote:Or maybe you have damaged modules ...

I don't like that "method" of blocking 411 ...

only this modules have error
002D
012D
2FF0

November 18th, 2018, 14:18

siamak5561 wrote:
labtech wrote:Would recommend hot swapping and testing the heads on the failed drive. Likely they are damaged.

it seems its not possible for this family to hotswap and I dont think its head problem

I did not mention smart hot swap. I mentioned hot swap. Then do heads test.

November 19th, 2018, 13:52

Thanks.

November 19th, 2018, 14:10

1. It's probably not heads problem because the drive can read SA
2. You didn't write why you cannot access data. And this is the most important part right now
3. Most likely the heads test after a hotswap won't work because adaptives in 4F won't match. Drives usually don't write with non-original adaptives

November 20th, 2018, 2:57

Doomer wrote:1. It's probably not heads problem because the drive can read SA
2. You didn't write why you cannot access data. And this is the most important part right now
3. Most likely the heads test after a hotswap won't work because adaptives in 4F won't match. Drives usually don't write with non-original adaptives

I dont know why no access to data, it seem that need a loader , but every attemt to load loader fail

November 20th, 2018, 8:26

What did the customer say happen? Why do they think the drive failed?
In my opinion, at least one head is bad. Very common on those drives.

November 20th, 2018, 10:50

labtech wrote:What did the customer say happen? Why do they think the drive failed?

he doesn't know about that, it seem suddenly drive failed during working.

November 20th, 2018, 11:49

siamak5561 wrote:
labtech wrote:What did the customer say happen? Why do they think the drive failed?

he doesn't know about that, it seem suddenly drive failed during working.

Exactly, further confirming that it is likely a mechanical problem (key word: sudden).
These drives have firmware issues and bad sectors, but most times, with suddenly no longer working, it is a bad/weak head(s).

November 21st, 2018, 9:45

So I manage to load ldr to drive somehow :o , and i don't now how exactly I do that, but drive now functionally normal. thanks guys for guides.

November 21st, 2018, 9:50

I guess same issue I have

https://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=35821

November 21st, 2018, 13:10

hi again when i try to decrypt in mrt this happened, I asked costumer and he say he didnt set password on hard, could it be for damaged module ?
Attachments
Annotation 2018-11-19 174324.jpg

November 21st, 2018, 13:37

hi again when i try to decrypt in mrt this happened, I asked costumer and he say he didn't set password on hard, could it be for damaged module ?

Annotation 2018-11-19 174324.jpg
Post a reply