All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WD raid 0 Mystudio problem
PostPosted: February 1st, 2019, 7:47 

hi guys, one of my clients left me this hard drive WD Mystudio 6 TB. Inside there are 2 WD 3 TB wd30ezrx the nas has a raid 0 and is inaccessible. I removed the disks from the nas and connected them to the MRT, of these only one has problems, the disk A. I then cloned the drive but during the copy from the head 4 MRT detected many damaged cluster, and skipped them. I then connected the two disks to my computer and with a software reclaime raid I checked if the order a and Band were really like that and then I created a virtual raid with rstudio using this order, the stripe size is 1 Kb. the scanning duration 3 days visualize two partitions, one also has the name that the customer has communicated me, I see the folders and files, everything would be ok but when I extract , this is broken. Do you have any advice to give me? Thank you all

Post subject: Re: WD raid 0 Mystudio problem
PostPosted: February 1st, 2019, 9:57 

First of all 1 KB stripe size is rare. More often its 512 bytes or 4KB. So most of all your configuration is wrong. That is confirmed by results.
You may easily check is your configuration correct or not - make RAW scan and check files bigger than 1KB. Usually it take 15-20 minutes to find configuration of RAID0.
One more question: how much damages clusters (bad sectors) and where they are located on drive?
PM please if need assistance

PostPosted: February 1st, 2019, 9:58 

Probably you are using the wrong RAID configuration.
Try to build the RAID with Reclaime RAID or UFS Explorer. They usually give me best results to rebuild the RAID.

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2019, 6:15 

Iurii wrote:
First of all 1 KB stripe size is rare. More often its 512 bytes or 4KB. So most of all your configuration is wrong. That is confirmed by results.
You may easily check is your configuration correct or not - make RAW scan and check files bigger than 1KB. Usually it take 15-20 minutes to find configuration of RAID0.
One more question: how much damages clusters (bad sectors) and where they are located on drive?
PM please if need assistance

Thankyou very much for helping, Problem was solved in 18 minutes thankyou again Iurii