All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: MRT Support
PostPosted: December 13th, 2018, 19:24 

mrtpro wrote:
Jirbun wrote:
vx1 wrote:
Do you want to disable a head, to avoid use in scanning?
Use this function here:

Here you create the headmap and choose which head to use in the scan.
Make sure this works for what you need.

Headmap in DE and edit head in ram are completely two different functions used for different situations ,I need the edit head in ram to work,I just use data explorer to prove edit head in ram does not work at all or properly.

Thanks for your suggestions, we have fix the bug, hope you can feeback us more.
We have upload the video as below:

https://youtu.be/v3HfaPpS3I8

Perfect video,I'll wait for the next update to see it in action,do you think you can also support edit heads map in samsung m7e ?

PostPosted: May 23rd, 2019, 17:14 

Hello MRT

Some issues I reported in the past MRT fix very good,now I'm asking to fix the problem in wd shrek (WD20NMVW) after edit head map in ram the sleep function does not work and motor continue to work,or if is a way to go around it and force drive to sleep.

Thanks

PostPosted: May 31st, 2019, 5:28 

Jirbun wrote:
Hello MRT

Some issues I reported in the past MRT fix very good,now I'm asking to fix the problem in wd shrek (WD20NMVW) after edit head map in ram the sleep function does not work and motor continue to work,or if is a way to go around it and force drive to sleep.

Thanks

Hi friend, may i ask your contacts ? for learn mrt, i am newbie, and have mrt ultra offline version.
Thanks

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2019, 18:08 

extremestyle wrote:
for learn mrt, i am newbie, and have mrt ultra offline version.
Thanks

You can start from here
http://en.mrtlab.com/users-guide-of-mrt ... -materials

PostPosted: September 14th, 2019, 22:37 

Jirbun provided you a modelesque example of a clear explanation.

In one instance, I re-worded a question 15 different ways; and all MRT support was a copy & paste of the original sentence! As though I couldn't just RE-READ the original email!
It was insulting/annoying enough to where in person I'd have had a hard time not becoming violent with the 'genius' doing this after taking my money.

Until & unless you put sincere effort in expressing clear - unambiguous solutions ... expect to see people denigrate your support and selling off their MRT products prior to paying it off. It was a costly 'misadventure' for me - as I never successfully recovered a single drive with it.

Between your product and support -- I recovered ZERO drives.

And in reality - you're only here trying to explain anything, and offering videos bc this is where people may look at your communication prior to deciding to purchase.

TO PROSPECTIVE BUYERS:
If you need any assistance learning the product or the subject:
DO NOT buy MRT products.

Just making your monthly payment is a sincere challenge requiring a took NOTES on what worked! Idiotic wording & overly complex.
If I'm wrong about the month payment complexity please - SAY SO anyone.

MRT NEEDS English-speaking support; NOT Google-translate (what a joke!)
But they won't.

In lieu of a native-English speaker? you could provide unambiguous screenshots with explanations such that anyone can follow the 'trail of breadcrumbs'.

Literally -- screenshots; Video without audio in medium resolution is pointless... and just makes it less likely you'll provide annotation.

IF you make videos please provide audio by native speakers for whatever language the customer speaks!

I'd genuinely like your company to be successful.
But until MRT Labs communication standards improve -- keeping clients will be just as hard as acquiring them.

Remember: I OFFERED to assist you in making videos and communications to teach people how to set up the product - how to use the product ... how to get support, etc. I don't care if it were I who created it or someone else; but it's been another year and you've done nothing.

PostPosted: September 14th, 2019, 23:07 

For people who don't believe me when I mention this level of concern -- USING THE U.S. site ... here's an example:

Repair the former after the bad when Hitachi ARM series HDDs change head
Author:Admin Source:MrtLab Hits:1866 Date:13/06/13
Hitachi ARM series HDDs have a common breakdown which is the former after the bad. This problem is usually the original head is breakdown and then changed a new head, after that it has the problem of the former after the bad. That is to say, the LBAs at the start of the drive are readable, but starting with a certain LBA, the drive is filled with UNC errors. This problem leads to the successful rate of data recovery reduced greatly after change head.

It's worth noting that Hitachi ARM HDDs have the former after the bad after change head, the root cause is the changed head’s fit parameters couldn’t match well with the original head’s fit parameters....

And, the PDF? Now THAT is a TREAT!
(Hoping they don't come after me for copyrights!
(Ace Labs would get a kick out of that)

Again -- THIS IS MRT'S US website ... ;)

Attachments:
SS 2019-09-14 at 8.06.33 PM.png
SS 2019-09-14 at 8.06.33 PM.png [ 451.94 KiB | Viewed 13467 times ]

PostPosted: September 16th, 2019, 11:03 

MRT really need to up their game in supporting their product. I can get more help from PC3000 videos than I can from the MRT ones. It is a really useful bit of kit for someone like me who doesn't just do data recovery but if they could improve the support like trumanhw says it could be so much better.

PostPosted: September 16th, 2019, 12:38 

They don't even bother responding to posts in their forums, assuming that they even login every now and then to see what is being posted. I think we can all agree that they won't make it very far if they don't listen to and support their clients.

PostPosted: September 16th, 2019, 16:02 

alfarom wrote:
MRT really need to up their game in supporting their product. I can get more help from PC3000 videos than I can from the MRT ones. It is a really useful bit of kit for someone like me who doesn't just do data recovery but if they could improve the support like trumanhw says it could be so much better.

In my opinion it's proper to demand MRT to add important functions or to fix bugs but to ask them to teach advanced data recovery knowledge for free is quite unfair considering pc3000 users need to pay each year for support maybe 1000-2000usd and yet they users in blog complaining for the lack of manuals and poor documentation and even bugs,and MRT have basic support in they website and youtube channel.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2019, 19:40 

Not really. If PC3000 put videos on YouTube for free then MRT Labs should be able to do the same. Fair enough if they want to protect their product for advanced recovery but it should be available for people who have bought the device. They are charging for the latest update so they really should be able to show people how it improves the product.