All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ROM
PostPosted: June 28th, 2019, 15:19 

I have one HGST, and one seagate disks, common for these is that the ROMchip is empty, blank, nothing in them. That results that i cannot start them, and of course there are pictures the cients want. Is there some way to create new rom so i can start the disks?
I have both MRT, and pc3000 available.
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: ROM
PostPosted: June 29th, 2019, 15:07 

Spildit wrote:
jonbang wrote:
(...) common for these is that the ROMchip is empty, blank, nothing in them. (...)

This doesn't happen allot UNLESS someone does MESS UP the ROM chip either intentionaly or by damaging the chip de-soldering it.

If it's HGST ROM on ARM based ARCH NVRam code and ROM will be on the same chip yet some guys on the forum like @drHDD might be able to re-construct the ROM (not for free). As for Seagate if it's old ST-10 drive (7200.10 and older) you don't have a problem, just swap the PCB/ROM chip and write firmware to the ROM that match firmware letters on label. As for 7200.11 and newer (F3 Arch) only another few guys like @pepe can do this and only limited to some drives and it will cost you $xxxx ....

Yes, that someone is me, and i probably overheated the chips when i desoldered them..But i have learned now. :-)

Its a HGST ARM, yes, and the seagate is 7200.12 i beleive...But thanks for info :-)

PostPosted: June 29th, 2019, 16:55 

Spildit wrote:
jonbang wrote:
(...) common for these is that the ROMchip is empty, blank, nothing in them. (...)

This doesn't happen allot UNLESS someone does MESS UP the ROM chip either intentionaly or by damaging the chip de-soldering it.

If it's HGST ROM on ARM based ARCH NVRam code and ROM will be on the same chip yet some guys on the forum like @drHDD might be able to re-construct the ROM (not for free). As for Seagate if it's old ST-10 drive (7200.10 and older) you don't have a problem, just swap the PCB/ROM chip and write firmware to the ROM that match firmware letters on label. As for 7200.11 and newer (F3 Arch) only another few guys like @pepe can do this and only limited to some drives and it will cost you $xxxx ....

Do you know where i can contact drHDD and pepe?

PostPosted: July 17th, 2019, 13:34 

hello,

i can probably recover both, pls send me pm with P/N and fw ver of the sg.

pepe