All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Toshiba 750GB Laptop HDD Health Issue, Need Repair
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2019, 1:52 

I Have Toshiba 750GB Laptop HDD MQ01ABD075
DRIVE REV: AA21/AX0A4M
I tried to set the SMART in HDD Sentinel but it's not permanent solution
Well there is a man who can fix the HDD and get charges but I want to learn by myself that how he repaired and fix the HDD to 100%.
Please help me on this issue
I am really desperate to know that which is the best tools to fix any HDD to 100% even its health is 1%
HDD Sentinel Pro give me this result
There are 160 bad sectors on the disk surface. The contents of these sectors were moved to the spare area.
Based on the number of remapping operations, the bad sectors may form continuous areas.
It is recommended to examine the log of the disk regularly. All new problems found will be logged there.
It is recommended to backup immediately to prevent data loss.

Thanks
Regards

Post subject: Re: Toshiba 750GB Laptop HDD Health Issue, Need Repair
PostPosted: July 23rd, 2019, 17:13 

Well, what would be the purpose ? As far as I know, it is not possible to actually “fix” a drive with bad sectors (only the manufacturer can do that), it is only possible to do a so-called “cosmetic fix”, i.e. make it so that the drive reports a flawless SMART status even though it does have flaws, which are therefore hidden. If the purpose is to continue using the drive, it's pointless (because it is not fixed and it is no longer reliable). And if the purpose is to re-sell it, it's very bad practice... Ditto for the bad mofo who pretends to “fix” drives for a fee.

PostPosted: July 25th, 2019, 3:06 

abolibibelot wrote:
Well, what would be the purpose ? As far as I know, it is not possible to actually “fix” a drive with bad sectors (only the manufacturer can do that), it is only possible to do a so-called “cosmetic fix”, i.e. make it so that the drive reports a flawless SMART status even though it does have flaws, which are therefore hidden. If the purpose is to continue using the drive, it's pointless (because it is not fixed and it is no longer reliable). And if the purpose is to re-sell it, it's very bad practice... Ditto for the bad mofo who pretends to “fix” drives for a fee.

Thank you for your reply.. yes I am looking for Cosmetic Fix... I have no intention to sell the damaged HDDs but just to learn the trick.
Kindly tell me that Cosmetic Fix will change the SMART status and any tool that can identify it to its real state?

PostPosted: July 25th, 2019, 10:26 

rehansonu wrote:
Thank you for your reply.. yes I am looking for Cosmetic Fix... I have no intention to sell the damaged HDDs but just to learn the trick.
Kindly tell me that Cosmetic Fix will change the SMART status and any tool that can identify it to its real state?

You cannot 'fix' the drive. You can hide the errors, but SMART is telling you the drive is failing. That is the whole point of SMART. Save your data and buy a new hard drive.

PostPosted: August 4th, 2019, 3:05 

abolibibelot wrote:
As far as I know, it is not possible to actually “fix” a drive with bad sectors (only the manufacturer can do that),

Most of us can fix drives like this....
:D :D :D