All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: iPhone short on storage won't reboot after iOS 13 upgrade
PostPosted: February 25th, 2020, 10:33 

Hello,

Recently, I received several calls from customers with iPhone stuck after running iOS upgrade. Looks like iOS will try to install even if there's not enough space available. Apple Genius has no solution, customer are loosing all data after they restore the phone.

Anyone else experiencing this here ? Is this know by Apple ?

Thanks
Sam

Post subject: Re: iPhone short on storage won't reboot after iOS 13 upgrad
PostPosted: February 26th, 2020, 4:47 

Worked with some of those (similar problems), problem starts after downloading the update (file size is big compressed)
and it gets stuck at some point when extracting it to Apply/overwrites new options/files because of disk space

Data can be recovered

And yes they know about it... Its just they are looking @ the other side (I think) :shock:

PostPosted: February 26th, 2020, 5:10 

Thanks, so how can data be recovered ?

PostPosted: February 26th, 2020, 14:34 

I've been getting calls about these issues with iPhones since back in the iPhone 4 days. After every OS update released, we get a stream of calls with failed phones.

PostPosted: February 26th, 2020, 16:39 

If reason are "really" lack of space ALL data from such phone can be recovered

PostPosted: February 27th, 2020, 4:05 

Thanks, can you elaborate on how to recover from "lack of space", this problem occurs after iOS upgrade. Downgrading iOS is not a working solution.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2020, 11:16 

samstown wrote:
Thanks, can you elaborate on how to recover from "lack of space", this problem occurs after iOS upgrade. Downgrading iOS is not a working solution.

Why is temporarily downgrading the iOS not a working solution?

PostPosted: February 27th, 2020, 11:43 

@samstown: I have send you PM

PostPosted: February 27th, 2020, 15:40 

ddrecovery wrote:
samstown wrote:

Why is temporarily downgrading the iOS not a working solution?

With this problem on iOS 13, I've tried that and it always failed. Maybe it was working before but I don't think that still the case.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2020, 10:34 

Do you flash with iTunes or something else ? I have an IPad mini 2 A1489 (wifi), when powered on, it show "itunes logo". If I connect to itunes,it was "update or restore", restore would delete everything so I do update, itunes download files extract and flash after 75% it give "unknow error....". Same thing again and again. IPad was on 12.4.5. I tried Flashing 12.2, 12.1.3 using itunes and pressing the shift command to select the file, itunes says it can't flash. I am happy to reward the person who help me, we can do remote session. I'll pay 100$ with Revolut or Paypal.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2020, 10:40 

3uTools is much better at flashing iPhones than iTunes.
However you need to diagnose if this is a hardware or software issue with the iPad.
You need access to schematics for this.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2020, 14:04 

Thank you for the reply. The issue is the same in many iOS device, iOS upgrade fail because there's not enough space and then device doesn't work. I tried with 3uTools, same, it stops after "checking free space". If someone knows a trick to downgrade firmware and save space, that would work.

PostPosted: March 5th, 2020, 14:50 

FWIU, at this present time there is no fix for this issue on Apple devices. The device needs space to download the update and if that space is not available it keeps on failing.

PostPosted: March 6th, 2020, 4:27 

@ddrecovery: we are able to get data from such phones in 95% of cases if reason is really lack of space

PostPosted: March 6th, 2020, 10:58 

Bolo wrote:
@ddrecovery: we are able to get data from such phones in 95% of cases if reason is really lack of space

Hmm. That would be fantastic if you have found a solution. I am a member of the biggest iPhone forum on Facebook which is full cellphone engineers and the general consensus it that in most cases it cannot be done.

PostPosted: March 7th, 2020, 2:28 

samstown wrote:
Do you flash with iTunes or something else ? I have an IPad mini 2 A1489 (wifi), when powered on, it show "itunes logo". If I connect to itunes,it was "update or restore", restore would delete everything so I do update, itunes download files extract and flash after 75% it give "unknow error....". Same thing again and again. IPad was on 12.4.5. I tried Flashing 12.2, 12.1.3 using itunes and pressing the shift command to select the file, itunes says it can't flash. I am happy to reward the person who help me, we can do remote session. I'll pay 100$ with Revolut or Paypal.

Well Itunes really doesn't report much to understand the problem, There is a way to go through this in our Lab but Sadly not for 100$...

I Would like to add our company In addition to Bolo here , before we used to offer the service for the Law enforcement, but very soon will be for the public

Again, its not gonna be a 100$

good luck

PostPosted: March 9th, 2020, 5:02 

einstein9 wrote:
samstown wrote:

Well Itunes really doesn't report much to understand the problem, There is a way to go through this in our Lab but Sadly not for 100$...

I Would like to add our company In addition to Bolo here , before we used to offer the service for the Law enforcement, but very soon will be for the public

good luck

I sent it to Bolo. I'll give my feedback here.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2020, 1:56 

samstown wrote:
einstein9 wrote:
samstown wrote:

good luck

Pro. service/tools no doubt about it...

PostPosted: March 17th, 2020, 5:18 

samstown wrote:
einstein9 wrote:
samstown wrote:

good luck

How is it going?

PostPosted: March 20th, 2020, 3:12 

DR-Kiev wrote:
samstown wrote:
einstein9 wrote:
samstown wrote:

good luck

How is it going?

No luck, Bolo's company can't recover it.