All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Recovery tools
PostPosted: November 9th, 2006, 22:51 

Hi Everyone, great forum and infomrative.
I am new to data recovery and to date have been quite successful with recovering data from drives with different problems, i have used programs such as copyr to make images and then different tools to retireve images. while this has been successful i am interested in going further and mabye investing in better software/hardware to recover more files from drives with clicking noises and drives not detedted by the bios.
i have looked at devies such aspci 3000 from Russia and some devices from YEC-USA but am unsre as i am not sure exactly how they work, i would love to hear from anyone as to their experiences and whether it has worked for them with clicking noises and the above faults and the success they have had. Alternitively if anyone can recommned some really professional software i am happt to try this out and purchase the right software,
Thanks in advance for the help

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 11th, 2006, 10:34 

PC3000 can be quite difficult and is very intimidating but is essential for data recovery. Many drives suffer common failures which require PC3000 such as the slimline Maxtor GLIST corrutpion, translators within Western digitals, password removal on many IBM/HITACHI hard drives, and also it will allow you to image hard drives with 1 dead head sometimes this is enough to get all required data from a drive. Then there are the drives which are too unstable to recover from within a PC which could then be recovered.

Anyone who uses PC3000 can tell you that without it much data would have ben lost by not using it.

it is definately the thing to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 12th, 2006, 3:09 

he is quite right it is hard but the best nothing more better than it for recovering drives with many problems that cannot be recoverd by any other tool . This tool is an alrounder .