All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Microscope Diagnostic Suite
PostPosted: August 27th, 2009, 11:37 

Micro-Scope Diagnostic Software Features
Operating System Independent - Micro-Scope runs on any platform regardless of OS, and uses FreeDOS for the highest degree of accuracy. Micro-Scope directly accesses the hardware and entirely bypasses the DOS and Windows translations, eliminating inaccuracies common to all O/S dependent diagnostics.

System Information - Directly queries the hardware to identify the exact device such as CPU, NPU, BIOS name and version, fixed disk including manufacturer name and model number, video and ports. System information is extremely detailed and spans 3 full screens of vital data incorporated from DMI, Plug & Play, and PCI resources.

Low Level Format - Performs or initiates a low-level format on all drive types (MFM, RLL, ESDI, SCSI, SATA, and all IDE drives) even if the BIOS LBA functions are enabled. This includes factory-type initialization of all IDE & EIDE drives as well as access to true factory-style format routines.

Hard Disk Testing - Performs Read, Write, and Butterfly Seek tests on any fixed disk. Also displays and edits physical parameters, partition parameters, and CMOS parameters on any drive. This is not a database and does not have to be updated. Can distinguish the drive controller from the drive mechanism (impossible in DOS) and find any physical or electronic defect on the drive or controller. Allows for relocating Track 0 on supported IDE drives. Safe Write Test allows user to perform a write test without destroying any data on the drive.

DMI System Information - Pooled from the DMI (Desktop Management Information) area of the BIOS, it shows extended system information such as supported bus types, maximum speed and voltage settings for the CPU, as well as cache size and type. Also supports DMI 2.0 specification.

Multi-Processor Support & Testing - Identifies and tests up to 4 Processors in a system with the latest Intel and AMD processors.

Accurately Identifies Conflicts - Specific device-type routines identify device type, IRQ usage, and DMA usage even if two or more devices use the same resources. Also checks for PCI and Plug & Play devices. This is absolutely essential for upgrading and adding hardware.

Health Status - This feature displays up to 3 temperatures, 3 fan speeds, and 8 voltage readings. This feature is BIOS dependent. If your system’s BIOS does not include Health Status, this feature will not produce any results.

IDE and SCSI Identification - Shows IDE model, serial number, and firmware version, and SCSI manufacturer name, product name, and SCSI bus width support.

Plug and Play Identification - Provides actual locations on all installed and active Plug and Play devices.

PCI Identification - Detects all PCI devices on the bus and provides basic parameters for each listed device including device number, ID, type, subtype, and device attributes.

USB Identification & Testing - Identifies the USB host controller and tests the host controller’s functionality on the system board, for USB 1.1 and 2.0.

Batch Tests/Report Features - Allows continuous or pass-bound running of any or all tests and automatically generates a full diagnostic report which can be saved to a diskette, output to a printer or displayed on screen. An on screen and audio alert notifies you when tests are finished. Batch test can be loaded separately at boot, allowing the diskette to be removed to test multiple systems simultaneously.

Save/Restore CMOS - Create a safe backup of the CMOS contents and restore the CMOS as needed.

Save/Restore MBR - Save a copy of the Master Boot Record to a backup file, and restore it as needed to the same drive or another drive.

System Board Tests - Accurate testing of the CPU, NPU, 16 IRQ channels, 8 DMA channels, Real Time Clock, Keyboard controller, Clock Timer Chip, PS/2 Mouse controller, and speaker.

Base Memory Testing - Prior to loading the entire diagnostic, test for errors in the first 640K which would prevent other diagnostic programs and operating systems from loading.

Bootable Disk Utility - Software comes on bootable CD-ROM. Make bootable diagnostic floppy disks from the CD.

Video Testing - Accurately tests video adapter to the extent of the capabilities of the card, regardless of monitor limitations, and all video memory without size limitations. Tests video RAMDAC (if supported by the video card), screen focus testing, and extended VESA testing on newer video cards.

SCSI Testing - SCSI Testing includes Read, Write, and Seek capabilities of SCSI drives.

Accurate Boot Record and Partition Recovery - Quickly restores master boot records in DOS machines that have been corrupted or damaged by viruses. Floppy and fixed disk editors display in hex and ASCII and allow technicians to edit the boot sector and volume boot on any hard drive in both FAT 16 and FAT 32 environments. Even works with ‘hidden’ partitions.

Cache Memory Testing - Internal and external cache memory, including sub-systems, are tested to identify the exact failure. Micro-Scope will also determine if the cache controller is active.

Floppy Disk Testing - Accurately tests any portion of a floppy drive including Read, Write, Format, Safe Write, and Butterfly Seek Tests. Tests all media formats up to 2.88MB and includes a user-defined option for higher media formats.

Peripheral Testing - Complete and accurate testing of the mouse, joystick, keyboard, printer port, and sleep button.

Serial and Parallel Port Testing - Far surpasses the capabilities of DOS or Windows-based diagnostics to provide the most extensive and accurate testing available for all ports regardless of IRQ or I/O port assignment. Detects the interrupt a serial or parallel device is actually using regardless of how it is believed to be configured. All lines are tested on the external tests with the included loopback connectors. Instantly identifies UART capabilities. Also tests FIFO capabilities, if present, of any serial port.

Modem Testing - Tests modems in connected or non-connected mode, including major AT modem commands. Retrieves modem’s information and type directly from the modem’s chipset.

CD ROM Testing - Performs Read and Seek tests of CD-ROM, CD-ROMs in DVD drives, and CD-R drives. SoundBlaster-compatible and Adlib tests include full synthesizer tests with frequency as well as volume and gain control testing for left, right, and stereo channels. ATAPI CD-ROM information includes CD-ROM speed, buffer size, and read/write capabilities. Also includes standard AC’97 multimedia testing.

LAN Card Testing - Micro-Scope internally tests LAN cards with chipsets from Intel, 3Com, RealTek, National, and SMC. When multiple NIC cards are detected, the user can select any card. Also provides chipset support, increasing the number of cards supported.

IDE Drive Testing - Tests Read and Seek functions of removable drives including LS-120, Iomega ZIP, and IDE CD-ROM drives. IDE CD-ROM drives can even be tested without drivers.

Real-time Benchmarks - The benchmarks in Micro-Scope are based on the Real Time Clock (RTC), and not on making a comparison to another system like other utilities on the market. Because of our direct hardware access we are not subject to significant I/O delay introduced by the BIOS.

Secure Wipe - Completely erases all drive contents for security of classified or sensitive data. Three security levels available that meet or exceed all government and commercial requirements for drive sterilization.

Run the executable after downloading all files to create the ISO image. Burn to CD. disc is bootable, but will run in a windows environment. USE THIS TOOL WITH EXTREME CAUTION !!! If you are not a skilled tech type user, PLEASE READ ALL HELP FILES ON DISC.

This is a very usefull IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

CODE:
http://rapidshare.com/files/269214281/M ... _Suite.exe
http://rapidshare.com/files/269323211/M ... _Suite.c00
http://rapidshare.com/files/269302422/M ... _Suite.c01

Post subject: Re: Microscope Diagnostic Suite
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2009, 10:55 

amazing after 366 views, and not one thank you? maybe no one out there has any idea how much this thing costs?

PostPosted: October 22nd, 2009, 14:56 

Decent software for PC Repair, but for data recovery this software has no use for us.

This is why no thank you

In the spirit of things, Thank you for the hospitality, but no thanks, I do not need this software. I am a human microscope =)

PostPosted: October 23rd, 2009, 12:00 

Hi compusalv108
thank you so much for this important post. This piece of software is like swiss knife , you can do lot of things which any DR engineer needs -
IDE /SCSI disk identification
Diagnostics
Low level format
Secure wipe wo wo wo thats great .
very very useful stuff.
thanks again

PostPosted: October 24th, 2009, 4:38 

downloaded files & burnt iso but unfortunaely program is not working. Have you tested it?

PostPosted: October 24th, 2009, 12:14 

I know that software for years, but its definitely for use in computer or laptop repair shop.
Think a dr forum is the wrong address for that offer ...

+++

PostPosted: October 24th, 2009, 15:02 

This program is not very good from dr recovery

PostPosted: October 31st, 2009, 21:59 

i understand this is a data recovery forum. but it seems to me that actual hardware repair is also a part of data recovery too. i have seen too many people scrap a drive due to corruption or some other misunderstood software failure that appears to be mechanical failure. and in answer to the question if i have tested this disc, i have indeed. it works quite well. i advise booting to the disc always. REMEMBER THIS IS DANGEROUS SOFTWARE IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. you can very easily turn a drive into a paper weight if you arent carefull.

PostPosted: November 4th, 2009, 20:14 

This util is good like russwinter said for pc repair and diagnostics, for tech support many used on A+ certification , but for our work is limiited because , works by Int13h vector table , thats the limited, to this field we need to work directly with IO ports , if the hdd its not detected by interruption could show like " offline" but if we are working directly with IO ports, we can check ATA registers for example and send directly ATA commands, but thanks anyway

Regards

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2010, 19:38 

Thank You very much appreciated !!

PostPosted: May 6th, 2010, 22:29 

I've been in computer repair for 20 years now and can honestly say this was the single worst investment I've ever made. Most of the diagnostics this thing did are not even relevant anymore. IRQ and DMA problems? This may have been an issue in Windows 95 but things have changed a tad over the years. It is a running joke around our office. Frankly, I'm a little shocked that this thing isn't being blasted out of the water on this forum, with the way people respond to Salvagedata products. Granted it is about as useful to data recovery as a butter knife but its an absolutely horrible piece of hardware / software. The PCI diagnostics peripheral it comes with is a complete disaster. This isn't 1985. Hirens boot CD makes this piece of equipment look like something I'd expect from a door to door salesman. I know I'm being harsh but I can't emphasize enough of how many nights this thing kept me up at night as I felt like I took money out of my pocket and flushed it down the toilet. On a positive note, it *did* come with a nice set of loopbacks. This was also in the mid '90s when serial ports and modems were all the rage. Honestly, I had no idea this thing was still being sold?!