hi everyone so i'm hoping this will help many as i spent probably the most time ever on this problem specifically...
here's what you'll need.
***I'm assuming you've recovered the drive into a folder elsewhere than the HD (so that you can format it)***
so from here you get the software that'll get you to bypass the password (Data Recovery Tool)http://www.dmailer.org/download/DataRecoveryTool.zip
and from here you get the software to rename a bunch of files at the same time; as you'll need to rename DML files to be lowercase...i randomly ran into this one and it even had the exact option of changing extension to lowercase... http://www.snapfiles.com/downloads/aren/dlaren.html
Lastly you'll need the Dmailer Sync (Drive software) from here https://support.dmailer.com/client/cont ... ontact.jsp
pretty much what you need to do now that you've got all this is.
1) Run Recovery to save the crashed drive to a different location
2) Rename batch- all DML to dml
3) Format the crashed drive now that you've got it backed up elsewhere
4) Install the Dmailer Sync on the now formatted drive (Create a profile and password - Skip Registration)
5) Copy everything you backed up BACK on to the drive that now is clean and has a profile and password
6) Now run Data Recovery Tool and have it scan the drive for a profile.
what this does is fool the drive that the new profile with all the old documents belong to one another.
once you provide the password for the profile that it finds it'll unlock everything for you.
only downside to all of this is that it renames automatically everything to random numbers and letters. but at least everything is saved.
Hope this saved all of you a bunch of time as i've burnt nights over making this all come together.