All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: what happened with HDDORACLE
PostPosted: September 20th, 2021, 15:13 

ALSO :

If someone ended up using HDD Oracle log in credentials on ANY of the other sites mentioned above (not mine) I recommend for those users to change their passwords on the HDD Oracle. Again I don't have a clue about who runs those "copies" so there is a chance for you guys to have your passwords "stolen" if entered on those sites.

Regards.

PostPosted: September 21st, 2021, 8:09 

Very happy to hear you are okay, @Spildit! Welcome back (however briefly), and thanks for restoring access to HDD Oracle. It's a treasure.

PostPosted: September 21st, 2021, 11:32 

Yeah, that's a good news to see you are fine

PostPosted: September 21st, 2021, 17:13 

Well, I just got this from my hosting service :

We have recently completely reworked our DNS service, and have already deployed our new Centralized DNS setup to the majority of our cloud servers. Now is the time to start deploying this service to our shared servers too, so that they can also benefit from the faster domain resolving, enhanced protection against DDoS, improved resilience and redundancy of the service, and easier management of multiple domains.

When will the move to the new DNS take place?
The process of launching the new DNS service on our shared hosting servers will begin on September 23, 2021. We plan to start with smaller batches of servers and to gradually increase the pace, so that all shared servers are moved to the new service within the next few weeks.

What should you do after the migration?
For each of your sites, hosted on a shared hosting server we will additionally inform you when the transfer to the new DNS service is completed. In this post-migration email you will be provided with the new DNS information that you need to update, if you manage your domain name(s) on your own.

I do manage the DNS by my own and I do have CloudFlare so when they decide to "update" the DNS the HDDOracle will stop working as you guys will not be able to "translate" hddoracle.com intro the correct IP address.

I will be checking everyday from now on and as soon as the DNS is updated at the hosting side I will update the cloudflare, etc and it will work again but do expect some hours of off-line time. I can't manage the hddoracle at work so i have to return home to fix it when it does stop working.

Also i will be updating to the latest release candidate of PHP 8 on the weekend to see if it doesn't crash anything else and if it works fine so expect some of those php/mysql errors on the next weekend as I do have to make sure that when they do decide to upgrade to the latest php nothing will be broken again.

The domain name and hosting plan is paid for more than 10 years and will auto-update every year as mentioned here by someone so no problem with that even if i'm away but if the hosting provider to update stuff or change stuff (like the dns that is planned to be updated) it will be required that i do fix/correct stuff at my end as well.

Don't worry, this time i will be checking everyday and if the site goes down i will fix it the same day.

Regards.

PostPosted: September 21st, 2021, 18:11 

There are many people that did place many hours of work on the HDDOracle as well, in particular @fzabkar so i can't let the forum go down again like it happen last time.

It's not just all my data recovery work that it's there, it's the work of all of you that contributed and shared your knowledge and up to the date there are no other site with so many knowledge on data recovery compiled that way.

One can attempt to create another forum but the knowledge on the database of the HDDOracle is irreplaceble.

I will have to make sure that it doesn't go down again even if i'm away.

I will try to install php directly myself on the hosting account instead of using the hosting version so it won't upgrade by itself when they want, this way it will only upgrade/update when i'm here to do so and if it damages something i can fix it. I have to make sure tey don't change stuff that can prevent the old version of phpbb to work.
At any rate even if i'm not posting/writting i will be opening the site once a day to see if it's working so i can fix it if it isn't.

Regards and sorry for the time the site was broken.

PostPosted: September 21st, 2021, 23:51 

Finally Spildit is back!!!!