Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Re: 1 Tb WD10EACS Western Digital HD need help for PCB

July 15th, 2009, 9:09

Ho gia' risposto attraverso un messaggio privato ma eveidentemente non e' arrivato o dal cellulare c'e' qualche problema a gestire la parte PM con il suo browser interno.
In sintesi : il preventivo che hanno fatto e' MOLTO BASSO, in pratica se ho ben capito e' "no data no fee" quindi preventivo gratuito come vorresti (ma posso ricordare anche male).
Evidentemente il mercato e' differente, le tasse che si pagano sono differenti.
Non so cosa dirti se non guarda alla tua convenienza, e pensaci.
Posso darti un paio di contatti in Italia , sicuramente NON a quel prezzo, decisamente molto di piu'.

I already answered via PM, seems that didn't work or I have problems using the phone internal browser.
In a nutshell : the quote you had is VERY LOW, and, if I got it all, it's "no data no fee" basis, then it fulfills your need for a free evaluation (assuming I recall everything right).
Seems that the markets are different and so the taxes.
Don't know what to suggest you but "look at your convenience and think about it". I can give you some contacts in Italy, but surely they WON'T do the job at that price but at a definitely more higher.

Re: 1 Tb WD10EACS Western Digital HD need help for PCB

July 16th, 2009, 7:05

(Apologies to the forum for bringing the private conversation here, there must be some problems with PMs in our communication and I still have no direct mean to contact BlackST)

I got one of your latest PM but then no reply for the 5 subsequent ones.
I could afford to pay an higher price for staying in Italian ground, but it obviously depends on how much is exactly "higher".
I cannot make any decisions until I have a personal contact with someone, just give me a referral email or a website where I can check "what kind of death I should die by" (ehehe sorry for the improvised translation but I couldn't resist).
I trust your experience but please let me make my own calculation by myself, on plain, cold numbers!

Re: 1 Tb WD10EACS Western Digital HD need help for PCB

July 21st, 2009, 10:52

Is this one of the new WD Black III Sata models, rather than ROYL series? Not see this type of circuit board in yet.
Agree with PCImage, you have no chance of doing this your self. The rom has been integrated into the large chip. Consequently it is necessary to regenerate the content, which to be honest can be a bit touch and go.

With regard to the cost, I would expect a high price. The most difficult issue with this drive will be finding an exact match donor. This can take a long time potentially for a new WD drive - there are a lot of numbers that have to match up. Data recovery isn't just the process of reattaching the new PCB(!)
Post a reply