Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
June 16th, 2010, 19:42
i have question: are you clear what problem with your drive? or you just give it a shot if any body provide any solution?
June 17th, 2010, 10:33
please provide the correct command steps
June 23rd, 2010, 3:06
Which is perfect tutorial to use it with a nokia ca 42 USB Nokia data cable?
June 23rd, 2010, 5:08
coolday wrote:Which is perfect tutorial to use it with a nokia ca 42 USB Nokia data cable?
Here are repair procedures for Seagate 7200.11 drives:
http://sites.google.com/site/seagatefix/http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=128807Tutorial with photos:
http://www.overclock.net/hard-drives-st ... -pics.htmlPinout of Nokia CA-42 cable's Pop-port connector (use pins 6,7,8):
http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-Nokia/ ... nout.shtmlIf you want to adapt this circuit ...
http://freecircuitdiagram.com/wp-conten ... verter.gif... then another way may be to replace the 10K resistor in the base of Q1 with a 4K7 resistor and a series connected 2.7V zener diode (cathode to base). Also add a 4K7 resistor between the base and emitter of Q1. To protect the RxD input of the drive, it may be an idea to add a 2.5V zener diode between the collector and emitter of Q2 (cathode to collector).
July 3rd, 2010, 12:49
I have fixed one hdd using the ca42 method. but one more hdd gives error R/W error in the second stage. At that stage I can also hear a tick tick sound from the hdd.
July 5th, 2010, 8:21
coolday wrote:I have fixed one hdd using the ca42 method. but one more hdd gives error R/W error in the second stage. At that stage I can also hear a tick tick sound from the hdd.

You need a pro and almost certainly a clean room for this one I am afraid.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.