Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Re: Seagate 2TB head compatibility

November 3rd, 2011, 12:41

First time i came across these. I looked at the site code and mumbled "now find spares for THAT". :)

Re: Seagate 2TB head compatibility

November 3rd, 2011, 12:57

Thank you fzabkar for nice information
guru = great

Re: Seagate 2TB head compatibility

November 3rd, 2011, 13:06

northwind wrote:I've got a tough one.
SUZHSG.
suzhsg.jpg


Not seen one of those yet :shock:

Re: Seagate 2TB head compatibility

November 8th, 2011, 21:32

it would be great if Seagate had such a wonderfull easy head matching procedures. But I still didn't figured it out. I once tried to use heads from ST3500320AS to read a bricked ST3500320NS but without success. head got returned to its donor and worked fine again. But i can't say what was the issue couse after that I used other donor, identical model, and it didn't worked as well.
Im just curious if anyone had used AS as donor for NS model with any success? :)
Post a reply