Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

p410i G6 Raid Configuration

August 29th, 2014, 10:29

Anyone know/willing to share the raid parameters for a p410i g6 raid 5?

Will definitely return the favor if able. :)

HP p410i G6 Raid recovery

August 29th, 2014, 23:43

Jar wrote:the raid parameters for a p410i g6 raid 5?
Personally I very rarely remember any RAID configs unless it's something totally exotic.
Check WinHex, there's a preset for HP RAID arrays with delayed parity, it may not fit all xL3** Proliants instantly, particularly pay attention to the stripe size - it may be set to a greater value than necessary (do not recall WH's default and don't have a PC atm).

If it won't work, then either deeper manual inspection is necessary or there's a problem with data, which is also to be solved manually.

Re: p410i G6 Raid Configuration

September 2nd, 2014, 8:26

Thanks for the interest guys. I solved this case before the weekend.

September 3rd, 2014, 5:34

HI JAr

Can you report solution?
thanks

January 9th, 2015, 9:57

Hello,

Can Anyone know /willing to share the raid parameters for a p410i g6 controller for RAID 5 Configuration. Specially the default offset and strip size.

Thanks

January 12th, 2015, 15:09

ROb wrote:Hello,

Can Anyone know /willing to share the raid parameters for a p410i g6 controller for RAID 5 Configuration. Specially the default offset and strip size.

Thanks

Offset: 088000h
Stripe size: 01000h
Delay: 16
You can find everything this in HP service area located on the drives.

January 16th, 2015, 9:29

Hello Dr-keiv,
I tried the parameters shared by you for HP Smart array p410i RAID Controller but did not get success in it.
To simplify the matter i tried took new drives connected three drives of same capacity and build the RAID 5 volume with default parameters on the same server.
Now i know the STRIP size, block order/ Rotation. Still i am unable to get proper data out of this experimental volume.
I am missing somewhere offset possible or the PARITY delay and First Parity.
Any suggestion how does one identify these parameters manually.
Thanks for sharing the info.

HP p410i G6 Raid recovery

January 16th, 2015, 10:26

ROb wrote:Any suggestion how does one identify these parameters manually.
If you have the volume you know everything about, do not build it in the GUI right away, but analyze on a lower level, e.g. with a hex editor you have.

Should you still need an assistance with the client's array afterwards, I'll be glad to help recovering it remotely.

February 18th, 2015, 2:21

Thank You All for your suggestion.
Specially DR-Kiev and Dimitri.
As suggested, i inspected all the elements and was able to successfully recover the data.
A HAPPY CLIENT :D :D

hp p410i G6 data recovery

February 18th, 2015, 4:11

Well, I think it's also worth saying thanks to your client for being patient :)

September 30th, 2022, 21:48

I know this is old ... but this sucks!!! lol.

The only way I can get the configuration of this old ass POS's RAID config ...
is if I buy a product which fan fix the SA of SAS drives. :'(

(And PC3000 doesn't even do SAS SSD under any circumstance according to emails) ...

And this customer? Had multiple configurations which I have to somehow figure out wtf they were.

One is def a RAID-1 thrown in for good measure: Was he mirroring one of the drives from the RAID-5 !?

It'd degraded ... i think. I don't even know if he knows if that drive was part of this 8-drive set! lol

Is it configured as "Right" or "Left" RAID ..?

Holy shit this one's a pita.

October 3rd, 2022, 4:23

trumanhw wrote:I know this is old ... but this sucks!!! lol.

The only way I can get the configuration of this old ass POS's RAID config ...
is if I buy a product which fan fix the SA of SAS drives. :'(

(And PC3000 doesn't even do SAS SSD under any circumstance according to emails) ...

And this customer? Had multiple configurations which I have to somehow figure out wtf they were.

One is def a RAID-1 thrown in for good measure: Was he mirroring one of the drives from the RAID-5 !?

It'd degraded ... i think. I don't even know if he knows if that drive was part of this 8-drive set! lol

Is it configured as "Right" or "Left" RAID ..?

Holy shit this one's a pita.

Left asymmetric with parity delay. Offset from 1088
Post a reply