Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Re: HGST SAS Drive Firmware Needed

February 15th, 2019, 15:07

BuZa wrote:Who has the firmware for HUC109060CSS600 (Cobra E), HUC106060CSS600, HUC106030CSS600 (Cobra D), lay out, please. I have these discs under VPS DKR5D, DKR5C. It seems to me, I have made much progress in solving these case. I need different versions of the firmware for experiments. So far I have only A5B0 version.

You can update to A360 and to A440 and do whatever you wanted.
https://www.dell.com/support/search/us/ ... langFacet=[en]

February 22nd, 2019, 19:12

DR-Kiev wrote:
You can update to A360 and to A440 and do whatever you wanted.

Unfortunately, Dell utilities cannot rewrite flash these discs.

March 11th, 2019, 5:11

Yes You need custom software to do it, off the shelve utilities wont work.

Refer to the pictures attached.

Hitachi Storage - GHGH ---> IBM - JE2F

IBM - JE2F ---> HP - HPDC
Attachments
HITACHI-DKR5D-J600SS-J2E7.jpg
HITACHI-DKR5D-J600SS-HPDC.jpg
HITACHI-DKR5D-J600SS-GHGH.jpg

May 11th, 2019, 21:07

BuZa wrote:Who has the firmware for HUC109060CSS600 (Cobra E), HUC106060CSS600, HUC106030CSS600 (Cobra D), lay out, please. I have these discs under VPS DKR5D, DKR5C. It seems to me, I have made much progress in solving these case. I need different versions of the firmware for experiments. So far I have only A5B0 version.

I have B5B0 and A440 FW, both standard from wdc support.

I'm stuck with 60pc. VPS DKR5D and DKR5C - can you reflash? I'm in Moscow too.

June 14th, 2019, 13:26

hddware wrote:Yes You need custom software to do it, off the shelve utilities wont work.

Refer to the pictures attached.

Hitachi Storage - GHGH ---> IBM - JE2F

IBM - JE2F ---> HP - HPDC

Have you written your program that can replace firmware in these disks?

August 20th, 2019, 8:47

BuZa wrote:
DR-Kiev wrote:You can update to A360 and to A440 and do whatever you wanted.

Unfortunately, Dell utilities cannot rewrite flash these discs.

They should. If they can flash the same exact model, why can't they be tricked to re-flash it?

August 20th, 2019, 9:55

And talking about ticking this seems to be a very interesting article

http://blog.eblend.ca/2015/04/flash-del ... agate.html

November 6th, 2019, 22:35

hddware, Could you please tell me how to do it? Can I pay for it

November 17th, 2019, 19:35

Has anyone found a solution to unlock this drives for I/O operations, formated in 512b?
I've got a bunch of these as well.

November 17th, 2019, 19:37

I do! PM me. I am in Moscow as well

November 29th, 2019, 6:19

hi boyz, any news here about this drives?

November 29th, 2019, 6:53

Да какие новости? Шьем потихоньку. / What news? Reflash slowly.
https://yadi.sk/i/E13jnHNVT5x6RA
https://yadi.sk/i/xqiGPpthUzrmgA

February 17th, 2020, 16:08

DKR5*-***** disks reprogrammed succeeded. But the procedure requires intervention with special equipment. In the process of updating the firmware on these disks, several checks are performed, which cannot be performed only using software methods with the help of controller commands.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184111761571

February 17th, 2020, 16:12

DKR5*-***** disks reprogrammed succeeded. But the procedure requires intervention with special equipment. In the process of updating the firmware on these disks, several checks are performed, which cannot be performed only using software methods with the help of controller commands.

See jn ebay item number 184111761571

February 17th, 2020, 17:13

OK, that is some good news BUT looking at the price tag of US$100(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :wink: excluding S&H I assume this is not for the average home user.

February 17th, 2020, 19:19

Belial wrote:OK, that is some good news BUT looking at the price tag of US$100(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :wink: excluding S&H I assume this is not for the average home user.

This is for a lot of 7 pcs.

February 18th, 2020, 13:52

BuZa wrote:
Belial wrote:OK, that is some good news BUT looking at the price tag of US$100(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) :wink: excluding S&H I assume this is not for the average home user.

This is for a lot of 7 pcs.

There are a few home users without any special equipment having those HDDs though.

February 18th, 2020, 16:03

Belial wrote:
There are a few home users without any special equipment having those HDDs though.

The Chinese have long learned to reprogram them. Sell for a long time. Likely bought from the Chinese.

February 21st, 2020, 20:00

E123, ребят у кого есть прошивка для HUC106060CSS600 ? Запарился, не могу прошиться!
Hi guys who have firmware for HUC106060CSS600? Can't flash them... tired.
Please PM me

April 10th, 2020, 19:25

(1) When BuZa wrote Dell utilities couldn't flash the drives it's likely that(a)It is commonplace for many utilities are restricted to vendor or manufacturer drives and won't even try to download the microcode.(b)Also the code is modified by vendors to work best with their hardware and software and so is sometimes incompatible and the downloaded microcode is rejected promptly by the drive(s) and their microcode remains unchanged. By the way DKR** drives are notorious for this IMHO.

(2) There are more than a few SCSI utilities available that have no restriction on vendor or manufacturer drive using the industry wide standard download microcode and save command. SCU comes to mind here which is a CLI CAM command shell under Windows. Most of these are FreeWare.

(3) The Dell firmware file C10K600.fwh in the files/firmware section looks like it's been extracted wrong or corrupted? That also explains code rejection.

Does anyone want me to search in my storage for these? I might still have some of this. Also there are more HGST/IBM utilities such as OGM,DDD,etc.
Post a reply