All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: issue with seagate drive ..
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2015, 6:58 

Greetings ,

this is the first time i see this error ..

I received this drive (ST3500418AS) with no clue if previous data recovery operations have taken place .

drive sounds absolutly normal , with no odd sounds ,

drive ID in DDI after 50-60 secs of powering it up , but no further operation can be done , as it will go to BSY state directly .

what i tried is to clear the SMART only , but trying to stop sector reallocation gives the following

Drive AMPS Configuration has been modified from compiled defaults.
Drive must be re-initialized to controller firmware defaults by re-downloading controller firmware
DO NOT SHIP WITHOUT FIRST RE-DOWNLOADING CONTROLLER FIRMWARE OR RESETTING TO DEFAULTS!

noting that the NRG list is empty and the G list as well .

searched for this particular error but never found a solution ..

do you think some1 has cleared/messed something in the FW before the drive reaches me ?
any help will be appreciated , thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: issue with seagate drive ..
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2015, 10:27 

raven4d wrote:
Greetings ,

I received this drive (ST3500418AS) with no clue if previous data recovery operations have taken place .

drive ID in DDI after 50-60 secs of powering it up , but no further operation can be done , as it will go to BSY state directly .

what i tried is to clear the SMART only , but trying to stop sector reallocation gives the following

Drive must be re-initialized to controller firmware defaults by re-downloading controller firmware
DO NOT SHIP WITHOUT FIRST RE-DOWNLOADING CONTROLLER FIRMWARE OR RESETTING TO DEFAULTS!

do you think some1 has cleared/messed something in the FW before the drive reaches me ?

Hi,
check this video and try translator regeneration once .It Could Also Be One Head Is Weak/Bad -> http://blog.acelaboratory.com/pc-3000-h ... error.html

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2015, 13:34 

thanks for the reply , drive is keep showing the mentioned error , no matter if before or after regenerating the translator

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2015, 13:39 

raven4d wrote:
thanks for the reply , drive is keep showing the mentioned error , no matter if before or after regenerating the translator

Sir ,
You Can See User Slip List if No Then Bye Bye Translator

Website-> http://www.chandigarhdatarecovery.com

PostPosted: November 25th, 2015, 16:21 

Spildit wrote:
Are you guys aware of the real problem with the non-resident g-list and the translator ?

Do you understand now the problem of clearing the non-resident g-list and what it's that list in reality ?

:D :D :D

First read here :

http://www.hddoracle.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1402

Drives have a P-List that will make a sector that is present there to be "jumped" and a G-List that will "swap" a sector with another.

The non-resident G-List is like a P-List and not like a G-List.

At factory the self scan puts defect on the P-List. Then newer seagate drives do another scan to put extra defects found on the non-resident G-List but that list acts like a P-List and NOT like a G-List, so if you wipe the defect list you will lose those defects and the translator will shift and sector header will not match and you will have partial access problem from the first defect placed on the non-resident g-list till the end of the drive, because from that point of the translator have shifted as if you were to place one value or remove one value from the P-List.

To fix that without tools it's somehow easy but time consuming, if you know that the defective sector have a pattern that looks like a non-resident g list defect and not a g-list defect.

If you scan the drive to find the first defective sector you have to make sure that it's a defect that was present on non-resident g-list and not a new defect added to g-list. If you end up adding the defect that it's a g-list one to the non-resident defect list or p-list the translator will shift as well.

Playing with 7200.12 seagates i've figure out a cool way without sepcialized tools to fix the translator. It's funny when we know exactly (or at least more or less) the nature of the problem and how stuff works to start with :)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thanks for the long reply , but i am already aware of that !

drive was received like this , so most probably it's FW was already messed up

PostPosted: November 25th, 2015, 17:06 

Spildit wrote:
If you SCAN the drive with something like Victoria with the drive connected to TTL what LOG do you get ? Does it read any sector at all ?

What message do you get when regening translator ?

What command are you using ?

thanks for the above command about reseting configs to default , well , now the informational message about using a non standard FW has disapeard , but the drive still act like before .. well not as slow as before , at least now i can image 10-15 sectors before the drive power-reset .. but still useless ..

honestly , what i am sure of now , that the owner/previous DR techs, have done something really wrong to the drive ..

i tried regenerating the translator with
F3 T>m0,6,3,,,,,22
m0,6,3,,,,,22
Max Wr Retries = 00, Max Rd Retries = 00, Max ECC T-Level = 14, Max Certify Rewrite Retries = 00C8

User Partition Format 10% complete, Zone 00, Pass 00, LBA 00008DED, ErrCode 00000080, Elapsed Time 0 mins 30 secs
User Partition Format Successful - Elapsed Time 0 mins 30 secs

PostPosted: August 28th, 2021, 1:11 

Dear Sir

Same Problem But 28 file backup take Now Use 28 file but Error coming but imaging good ......

Ultra DMA selected
Starting LBA of RW Request=2F07BBAD Length=FFFFFFFF
ProcessRWError -Read- at LBA 2F07BBD6 Sense Code=43110081
Unrecoverable Error Reported
(S) SATA Reset

Send Status: COMRESET seen
(S) SATA Reset

Starting LBA of RW Request=2F06B378 Length=FFFFFFFF
ProcessRWError -Read- at LBA 2F06B378 Sense Code=C3160080
Rst 0x08M
(P) SATA Reset
PASS
RW: Error processing Performance Parameter File: 203A

raven4d wrote:
Greetings ,

http://www.raminfotechdatarecovery.com
skp:raminfotech.vijayan