All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RAID card causes extremely long post time
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2018, 19:38 

Just as a pre-warning I don't have an in depth understanding of raid controller chips/companies or some of the fancy terminology but I was hoping this would be the right place to ask.

I just installed a raid card into what is soon to be my home server but I cannot access the raid card's bios and when the card is installed it causes my motherboard bios to litteraly take 5 - 8 min to get passed the splash screen where you can select buttons to entire bios settings or boot options. While it is at this screen it will not take any input either. It's just frozen there.

Supposedly (according to the little booklet that came with the raid card) I am supposed to press CTRL + M to get into the raid card bios when prompted (which I never am).

From some googling I believe this means it uses a "Marvell" controller?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00BUC ... UTF8&psc=1 (The card I purchased)

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B360N-WIFI-rev-10 (link to motherboard)

When the card isn't installed bios splash screen is gone in about 5 seconds and im booting into windows.

Iv'e already tried disabling VT-D in the mobo bios but it didn't change anything.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: RAID card causes extremely long post time
PostPosted: November 4th, 2018, 6:48 

To rule out any previous settings that can interfere with the new card, enter bios without raid-card installed, go to the save / quit setting and choose "load setup defaults". If you have done some own settings in bios, write them down and eneter them in later on, then save and shutdown.
After that shutdown down, install the card without drives connected and see if the boot takes you all the way to windows...if so, install the drives for the card and shutdown...install the drives to the card and start the computer...hopefully all will boot into windows....when all does, restart and configure the drives on the raid-card.

Post subject: Re: RAID card causes extremely long post time
PostPosted: November 4th, 2018, 12:56 

As another option I notice in the support section for your motherboard there are intel raid drivers so it looks like the bios should be able to run an intel raid without an add in card.