All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seagate Barracuda 1000GB stopped working after computer fail
PostPosted: September 13th, 2019, 18:01 

Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

Well, my computer's power supply failed and as result it also made my hard disk to fail. The hard disk is a Seagate Barracuda 1000GB Model ST1000DM003. This happened right when I booted the computer for the first time in the day a few days ago. Later I tried plugging it as the only HDD to an older PC. What I got was being stuck in a black screen with non-stop beeping and an intermittent hyphen, right after the manufacturer screen ended. Then, I tried plugging this hard disk to a dock station but it didn't get detected. When I turned the dock station on, the hard drive would produce some mild "working" sound, no estridencies, but after some seconds, I heard some click and this "working" sound would end. Here's a video of it btw (excuse the watermark, just noticed it covers some of my comments):

https://streamable.com/62sch

Well, what's your veredict of the situation? I mainly would like to know if I can test something that could potentially fix it (maybe firmware-related?) before having to leave it in professional hands. If leaving it in professional hands in the only solution, then I'm hearing suggestions of data recovery companies and professionals (preferably located in Spain).