Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Re: hdd badblock and burn dvd

December 7th, 2020, 1:38

why not do some tests and find out

December 7th, 2020, 10:09

My question is related to two situations: if the firmware's performance limit is full then the files I download will be played on the badblocks? And the other situation if my rar, zip and exe files are in good sector and that sector becomes badblocks in these two cases if I am going to burn a DVD disc with these files that were played in bad sector or good sector it was bad the recording of Will DVD be completed as if it had no errors or corruption because of the badblocks? I recorded some of my dvds with important rar, zip and exe files but only later did I realize that my hdd has some bad sectors badblocks so I thought about these situations

December 7th, 2020, 10:30

I don't know if this is what you mean but, you can use hd sentinel to do a surface scan. If it detects bad sectors it can also tell you which files are affected by them.

December 7th, 2020, 18:59

There is no official way a drive should behave when it's GList fills up, at least i don't know of one. Such drives usually get slow or the fw completely hangs not being able to handle the situation properly. So this is not what you can plan uppon. The most you can do is monitoring smart on a regular base and see if something is heading in a wrong direction .

pepe

December 7th, 2020, 19:01

Are zip, rar and exe files located in defective sectors of the HDD burned to DVD as if they were whole files without corruption?

December 7th, 2020, 19:12

Oh, FFS!

December 7th, 2020, 21:52

Just say yes to end this ridiculous thread...

December 8th, 2020, 11:54

yes. period :)

December 8th, 2020, 16:59

I'd say no. It depends. Are we talking waxing, waning or full moon?

December 10th, 2020, 23:02

i used imgburn free, ashampoo free, burnaware free
if any zip, rar and exe files are in bad sector badblock they showed error and the DVD burning is aborted?

December 11th, 2020, 8:48

Arch Stanton wrote:I'd say no. It depends. Are we talking waxing, waning or full moon?

depends, in the US a waxing moon will cause data loss, but here in AU it is a waning moon that is the problem. I can never remember, and you cant even check because the feminists have removed the Wikipedia page because it sounded too much like whining. That's why I NEVER burn my Pr0n onto DVD at night!

December 11th, 2020, 9:36

HaQue wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:I'd say no. It depends. Are we talking waxing, waning or full moon?

depends, in the US a waxing moon will cause data loss, but here in AU it is a waning moon that is the problem. I can never remember, and you cant even check because the feminists have removed the Wikipedia page because it sounded too much like whining. That's why I NEVER burn my Pr0n onto DVD at night!

:lol:
That's great stuff! You win!

January 16th, 2022, 8:28

I've already used ImgBurn, Ashampoo Free, Burnaware Free software, do these software issue any alert or not if it's going to burn DVD and some file is corrupted because it's in the HDD's badblock bad sector?

How many barrier protections does the HDD have to not burn a corrupted file to DVD because it was recorded in a badblock sector (reallocated sectors count)?

my HDD has some reallocated sectors count or badblocks but it works normally but i thought if i download files they can be saved in these bad sectors and when i go to burn the dvd disc these files from those sectors will be burned to the disc without me noticing

January 16th, 2022, 8:47

pls not this again.

January 17th, 2022, 4:07

It's obviously a troll, mate.
Post a reply