Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

How to flash Netapp HDD with Dell FW?

September 7th, 2021, 10:01

I bought Netapp HDD from eBay for cheap and formatted them to 512 sector size. It's working great, but the LED is amber color due to non Dell FW. I can download the firmware from Dell, but not sure how to flash it. Let me know if any gurus here can give me some directions. Thanks.

Re: How to flash Netapp HDD with Dell FW?

November 2nd, 2021, 21:01

blackbirdz wrote:I bought Netapp HDD from eBay for cheap and formatted them to 512 sector size. It's working great, but the LED is amber color due to non Dell FW. I can download the firmware from Dell, but not sure how to flash it. Let me know if any gurus here can give me some directions. Thanks.
If you downloaded the firmware from Dell, there should be instructions with it. It may fail on non Dell-branded drives so try at your own risk.

Re: How to flash Netapp HDD with Dell FW?

November 3rd, 2021, 22:58

In my opinion, only the DELL FW can “working great”. The amber light could be a problem with dell storage's identification of the HDD. You can post some photos.
Post a reply