Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Android phone Internal memory Imaging tool

September 14th, 2021, 7:04

I want to capture android phone's internal memory remotely.
Customer has rooted his phone. Can someone pls.suggest a suitable software which will make image of internal memory ?
While so many imaging softwares are there I am looking for specific software for phone imaging.

Re: Android phone Internal memory Imaging tool

September 14th, 2021, 8:33

if the phone is rooted then you should try the: adb

adb shell
cat /proc/partitions

and go on,, read more about it...

September 14th, 2021, 8:53

Thanks einstein9

Unfortunately I am not proficient in terminal level work.
I will prefer a windows based tool which will quickly make image of internal memory.

September 14th, 2021, 8:57

then get into it and find some things out for yourself (do your homework?)...
:)

September 15th, 2021, 0:35

pepe wrote:then get into it and find some things out for yourself (do your homework?)...

Self learning is best learning. :D , Thanks pepe
Since this type of work does not come regularly (one time activity) , spending time for R&D is not worth.
So I thought its better to take advice from someone who is active in this field.
Started studying the process.

September 15th, 2021, 1:36

Using a CLI should not be much more difficult compared to a GUI app to discard the idea completely. I guess ADB is something worth getting familiar with.

pepe

September 15th, 2021, 2:28

terminator2 wrote:
pepe wrote:then get into it and find some things out for yourself (do your homework?)...

Since this type of work does not come regularly (one time activity) , spending time for R&D is not worth.
So I thought its better to take advice from someone who is active in this field.

you will really LIKE it once you start,,,, ADB is the key for the most mobile forensic GUI

:idea:

September 15th, 2021, 3:51

einstein9 wrote:
terminator2 wrote:

you will really LIKE it once you start,,,, ADB is the key for the most mobile forensic GUI

:idea:

Thanks a lot einstein9 and pepe
You have aroused my interest in ADB and gaining control to phones core kernel mechanisam.
Actually I have read that Rooting and enabling developer options is risky process and phone may get damaged beyond recovery ,so I was cautious and reluctant But now I will proceed with full precaution .
Post a reply