Switch to full style
Data recovery and disk repair questions and discussions related to old-fashioned SATA, SAS, SCSI, IDE, MFM hard drives - any type of storage device that has moving parts
Post a reply

Re: TOSHIBA MQ04UBF100 can't read sector

May 5th, 2022, 13:23

BGman wrote:
Masterclass wrote:Toshiba MQ04 have a LOT of modules (inaccessible via PC3k) which have an impact on translation. HDD is constantly updating some of them. So if you have any problems with SA modules - you'd better put the drive aside until some commercial tool will be available to work with that

Agree. PC3k treats module 00DD as DD, 0056 as 56, ets.... and misses mod like 8021, 8023...
I was able to read such modules manually.... It's unbelievable that PC3k can't....

It can. You must be thinking of an earlier version.

http://files.hddguru.com/download/PC-3000-UDMA%20Support/Toshiba/MQ04UBD200/TOSHIBA%20MQ04UBD200-JT001U-Y0BGT1G2T.rar

May 5th, 2022, 16:16

And now no one can solve this type off problem?

May 5th, 2022, 17:03

BGman wrote:
northwind wrote:This is MQ04, it has different structure than the older families, ergo the P- and G- list errors in PC3k and also older tricks don't work.
To the OP: Now, techno off and read data.

There exists a VSC command for G to P merge that could be used, but it is not implemented in PC3K so far. I have fixed a drive of this model.

That's data destructive, isn't it?

May 5th, 2022, 17:05

Is PC3K or MRT able to do a track dump?

May 6th, 2022, 0:27

BGman wrote:PC3k treats module 00DD as DD, 0056 as 56, ets.....

I mean disk SA modules (MediaFiles). For example, what you read as CP 0xDD is originally media file 0xF2, which comes to be accessible as CP DD when drive is inited.But that's the only examle. I think all other mediafiles are inaccessible this way. I can put the list of media files and their size (if someone is interested)

May 6th, 2022, 3:46

Masterclass wrote:
BGman wrote:PC3k treats module 00DD as DD, 0056 as 56, ets.....

I mean disk SA modules (MediaFiles). For example, what you read as CP 0xDD is originally media file 0xF2, which comes to be accessible as CP DD when drive is inited.But that's the only examle. I think all other mediafiles are inaccessible this way. I can put the list of media files and their size (if someone is interested)

I mean the modules table that drive reports . It contains the name, the size, and the position (either in RAM, in FLASH or both) of each module. One can find it in the Flash as well.
Post a reply