All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New user, needs help with recovery.
PostPosted: July 30th, 2022, 20:23 

Quote:
You're acting like I'm completely computer illiterate... I'm not, I'm actually quite skilled. In fact, I've spent extensive time in Gentoo, and other Linux distros... When I say "new user", it's meant to be "new FORUM user"...

Let me ask you, would you trust a stranger in some far away land full access to your machine? Mine contains some financial data, etc... That's not going to happen...

The diy route will work just fine, in fact, I was making great progress, but those who were helping me seem to have not offered anymore advice.

I understand your point, but you also need to understand that many of us (who have national/international security clearances) have little to no time to explain you in 45 minutes of forum posts what we can do in 5 minutes remotely.

We are not 3rd world country scammers and your data means 0 to us. It's just that you are (no offence) a random with a issue, that after it's solved will leave and it's really not worthy to spend so much time in something so simple. Anyway, I'm happy that Frank and Amarbir could help you, not all heroes wear capes.

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2022, 20:00 

DRUG wrote:
Quote:
You're acting like I'm completely computer illiterate... I'm not, I'm actually quite skilled. In fact, I've spent extensive time in Gentoo, and other Linux distros... When I say "new user", it's meant to be "new FORUM user"...

Let me ask you, would you trust a stranger in some far away land full access to your machine? Mine contains some financial data, etc... That's not going to happen...

The diy route will work just fine, in fact, I was making great progress, but those who were helping me seem to have not offered anymore advice.

I understand your point, but you also need to understand that many of us (who have national/international security clearances) have little to no time to explain you in 45 minutes of forum posts what we can do in 5 minutes remotely.

We are not 3rd world country scammers and your data means 0 to us. It's just that you are (no offence) a random with a issue, that after it's solved will leave and it's really not worthy to spend so much time in something so simple. Anyway, I'm happy that Frank and Amarbir could help you, not all heroes wear capes.

I apologize if my skepticism offended you, that was not my intent. Thank you for your offer.

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2022, 20:01 

fzabkar wrote:
The BCF indicators are in the right place, but the partition table points to sector 63 rather than 79. That's an anomaly, but it's not a problem.

D-click $Noname and expand the $Root. Those should be your files. You can now recover them to another drive (r-click and Recover). The free version of DMDE is limited to 4000 files from any one folder per session. The standard version costs US$20.

Good luck.

Just a quick update, I was able to successfully recover all the data from these disks to another ExHd, and have since reformatted both of the disks I was having trouble with to enable usage for other storage! Thank you so much for all your help! I deeply appreciate it soooo much!

Todd

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2022, 21:07 

todd93 wrote:
DRUG wrote:
Quote:

I apologize if my skepticism offended you, that was not my intent. Thank you for your offer.

Glad your issue was solved.
Take care.