All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WD1600AAJB HDD
PostPosted: December 4th, 2022, 0:21 

got a question about this model that was working fine until i connected it to ide to usb converter and the the smooth L7251 chip started heating and the hdd got disconnected on windows .. i managed to replace it and the D3 diode connected to the 5V pin but noticed that the hdd is spinning, head is ticking and not recognized by windows .. any suggestions ?!

Post subject: Re: WD1600AAJB HDD
PostPosted: December 6th, 2022, 23:06 

hi,
Gazzar USB Connector might have issue it mess PCB, if drive is rotating normal then probably has firmware issue if Data is important then visit any Data Recovery expert around you it wont be expensive i guess since firmware issue only if you wish to DIY then find same Donor PCB and Swap ROM chip try Good Luck.

https://lifeguarddatarecovery.com

Post subject: Re: WD1600AAJB HDD
PostPosted: December 9th, 2022, 18:19 

Hi Brother,

see, i know the the problem was with the usb powers supply and i had the controller chip replaced already so the hdd is back to life now partially .. the drive is rotating but the head is ticking gently and so i'm just wondering if there is something else i should check on the board or not.

the data recovery cost in here is really so expensive and yes the data is very important, so i'm also based in Egypt and it's probably impossible to find a replacement board for the same model but i'm still trying and if i lost hope then i'll buy it online and et it chipped to Egypt.

so, i appreciate your help but do you know if i should check something else on the board ?
also if i had to get a replacement chip, then will it have the same bios or not ?
last question i have is about the model number as it's WD1600AAJB -56WRA0 should the replacement board be related to the exact model or any WD1600AAJB generally without the rest of the model number ?

Attachments:
File comment: i've changed the red flagged parts

blue flagged one is the bios chip

IMG_20221209_235136 copy .jpg
IMG_20221209_235136 copy .jpg [ 1.24 MiB | Viewed 1600 times ]