All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: After Formatting My USB Flash Drive It's not Working
PostPosted: May 4th, 2024, 11:44 

Hi Folks!

I'm new to this forum and facing a problem while formatting my drive with 'HDD Low Level Formatting Tool 4.40'. Yesterday, I encountered an issue with my drive, prompting me to search for a solution. I installed this tool on my Windows 10 OS and formatted my Flash Drive. However, it unexpectedly stopped displaying disk space in the file manager, converted the file system to RAW, and made the Flash Drive write-protected. I was confused by this issue, especially when it rendered another working USB Drive out of order in the same manner. Eventually, I realized that the 'HDD Low Level Formatting Tool 4.40' had altered the file system and activated write protection on the drive.

I attempted various methods to revert the file system using CMD commands and to remove the write protection through 'regedit' in my Windows 10, but none had any effect, showing an I/O Error.

Please help me bring my drives back to life. I hope that members of this forum are familiar with this issue and can provide assistance.

Attachments:
File comment: My File Manager Showing Disk Like this
2.JPG
2.JPG [ 48.74 KiB | Viewed 154 times ]
File comment: As Device I/O Error Showing here in task progress window same I/O Error shows when I try to fix Raw FS or Write Protection in CMD.
1.JPG
1.JPG [ 109.46 KiB | Viewed 154 times ]

Post subject: Re: After Formatting My USB Flash Drive It's not Working
PostPosted: Yesterday, 18:12 

Quote:
Yesterday, I encountered an issue with my drive

Yeah, what issue was that?

It may very well be the issue the format tool runs into as well. The drive may be read only because the controller deemed the NAND too unreliable and switched itself to read-only.

In which case you'll be needing an MPTool but that's often flogging a dead horse. Best option is to get new flash drives.