November 6th, 2016, 22:52
ddrecovery wrote:You would have one customer JB.
I am assuming that the data lines have a specific layout, so knowing which order I presume is critical. I do not know how to define them. You can tell by me saying 'assuming' 'presume' that I have no idea.
November 7th, 2016, 3:26
November 7th, 2016, 11:33
November 7th, 2016, 13:15
jeremyb wrote:ddrecovery wrote:You would have one customer JB.
I am assuming that the data lines have a specific layout, so knowing which order I presume is critical. I do not know how to define them. You can tell by me saying 'assuming' 'presume' that I have no idea.
For monolithics I use AWG45 and AWG48 wire.. If you have the capability to solder at that diameter it's worth your time to move on to step two otherwise you'll be stuck on the very simple BGA cases which aren't common. I'm not sure what your lab setup is, for monolithics everything is geared towards micro soldering, from the scope to the iron to the tips. Regular and Micro are two different worlds.
November 7th, 2016, 18:01
Sasha Sheremetov wrote:T12 tips do a nice job, (handle vendor doesn't really matter Hakko/Jovy) with a huge range from spatula for TSOP till 0.15mm (0.2mm is OK).
If you serious about micro-soldering go for JBC nano pencil or similar (a bit overpriced though)
November 7th, 2016, 18:04
ddrecovery wrote:Hey JB. I am actually IPC certified and have been soldering Monoliths for about a year now. If I have a pinout its not a problem. If I don't then it is....
November 7th, 2016, 18:13
jeremyb wrote:ddrecovery wrote:Hey JB. I am actually IPC certified and have been soldering Monoliths for about a year now. If I have a pinout its not a problem. If I don't then it is....
It doesn't really matter what you're certified in, what I'm getting at is can you solder two adjacent 0.2mm diameter via's or a 0.05mm trace. That's the type of work I see, if you can't a pinout isn't much use unless you plan on working on BGA style monolithics.
November 7th, 2016, 20:43
jeremyb wrote:I find T12 tips don't transfer enough heat to the tip as a nano/micro tip does, I found them somewhat unless for monolithic unless you use a larger tip which defeats the purpose as you need a larger working area.
November 7th, 2016, 20:59
ddrecovery wrote:jeremyb wrote:ddrecovery wrote:Hey JB. I am actually IPC certified and have been soldering Monoliths for about a year now. If I have a pinout its not a problem. If I don't then it is....
It doesn't really matter what you're certified in, what I'm getting at is can you solder two adjacent 0.2mm diameter via's or a 0.05mm trace. That's the type of work I see, if you can't a pinout isn't much use unless you plan on working on BGA style monolithics.
Yep I can do that.
November 7th, 2016, 21:01
Sasha Sheremetov wrote:jeremyb wrote:I find T12 tips don't transfer enough heat to the tip as a nano/micro tip does, I found them somewhat unless for monolithic unless you use a larger tip which defeats the purpose as you need a larger working area.
Well, in ~70% is OK with a decent flux and 0.05/0.1 mm wire.
When it comes to "two adjacent 0.2mm diameter via's" I would totally agree.
I hope Michal (Arvika) isn't reading this![]()
If he does, he'll make a next video about 0.3mm vias soldering with 1mm tip
November 7th, 2016, 21:21
November 7th, 2016, 21:41
I got Kingbo on Arvika's recommendation, honestly for the price it's amazing but I tossed it in the trash once I found Amtech NC-559-V2-TF, Amtech is AMAZING and it doesn't smell "that" bad. I have never seen solder flow so well using it, especially on monolithics. The problem is 99% of it is counterfeit garbage from China (seriously), especially on eBay. You need to buy it directly from the manufacturer.Sasha Sheremetov wrote:I'm addicted to Kingbo RMA-218 once you try it you can never give upSmells like sh*t honestly, but does a perfect job! (good ventilation is a must though)
November 8th, 2016, 15:33
November 8th, 2016, 17:51
arvika wrote:Sasha - yes I reading thisBut so far not reply because topic goes to direction "who have the biggest dick"
November 8th, 2016, 17:56
arvika wrote:I solder with PACE ST-50 with 3.05mm tip (PC11240034) ANY monolith.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.