| HDD GURU FORUMS http://forum.hddguru.com/ |
|
| microSD - physical layout http://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11329 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | shaun [ February 17th, 2009, 9:07 ] |
| Post subject: | microSD - physical layout |
Hi all, does anyone of you have an image of the physical layout of the components within an up to date 4GB micro SD-HC card? Is the flash chip still a separate die, or are flash chips with integrated SD controller available? I have such a card here, the owner had it in his purse - its cracked right behind the connector. I can see an rectangle of dots on the bottom, this may be test points or vias - or may not. Unfortunately I don't have an x-ray machine here |
|
| Author: | dobrevjetser [ February 17th, 2009, 10:14 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: microSD - physical layout |
hi Shaun, I've got such a card in lately, and the controller and memory are still separate, but in die-form, and moulded beyond reach. I cracked the casing to see how it was build. Nothing can be done to rescue the data of these cases. dobre |
|
| Author: | Creator [ February 17th, 2009, 13:27 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: microSD - physical layout |
If anybody can do X-ray shot in will be nice! We can analyse it here. But card contain several layers and we need several shots |
|
| Author: | shaun [ February 20th, 2009, 6:17 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: microSD - physical layout |
I've looked at the crack with a microscope, it looks bad. Very bad. What would be the next step after anaylsis of the layout? I cannot imagine a way to connect the tracks within a chip - I normally work on pcb level as an electronics engineer, chips are a) something to eat or b) to be bought readily packaged |
|
| Author: | Creator [ February 20th, 2009, 9:27 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: microSD - physical layout |
The next steps are: - separate memory chip from controller and other circuits - find all pins of memory chips and determine the function of each pin - solder thin wires to each pin - connect this wires to some TSOP-48 adapter - insert it in PC3K flash This is exact algorithm. It seems to be 100% impossible |
|
| Author: | dobrevjetser [ February 20th, 2009, 10:45 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: microSD - physical layout |
Or you could use microprobes Problem is getting memory chip out of plastic without damaging Probably a plasma etcher could do that. Anybody worked with that yet ? Dobre |
|
| Author: | BlackST [ February 21st, 2009, 3:51 ] |
| Post subject: | Re: microSD - physical layout |
Can you post a magnified pic of the microsd card? |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|