CompactFlash, SD, MMC, USB flash storage. Anything that does not have moving parts inside.
Post a reply

found some files but could someone help me

June 28th, 2011, 21:31

Im using a zoom q3 hd video/audio camera. I formatted by accident. I ran recovery software and did a deep scan.

I know there were only .mov movie files on the sd card. I recovered 2 short videos but not the ones i wanted.

Heres the thing- there are 5 large BMP files. like 97 MB each..... but bmp??? strange.

Im on a mac... I cant open them with anything.. of course they are not just pictures.. I tried to rename the file .mov but i dont have permission..... anyone who could help me know what these 5 large pieces of data can be would be a saviour!!!

Re: found some files but could someone help me

June 29th, 2011, 2:45

Do you have a small working sample video clip from the camera you can post a download link to?

Re: found some files but could someone help me

June 29th, 2011, 3:31

What software did you run on it?
Have you saved anything BACK to the memory card at all?
(the recovered files are on your MAC or on the SD card now?)

The software may not be recognizing your mac file signature properly so be sure to check that your recovery software allows you to properly identify the .mov files.

Have you tried using photorec?
(be sure to read everything before running this, some people get confused and write information back to the memory card instead of their hard drives.)

Secondly, take your large file and upload it somewhere so we can take a look at what you recovered. There is a good chance its still there.
Post a reply