HDD GURU FORUMS
http://forum.hddguru.com/

Nexus S "wipe data/factory reset"
http://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23612
Page 1 of 1

Author:  evandunkel [ July 30th, 2012, 22:43 ]
Post subject:  Nexus S "wipe data/factory reset"

Today I have unlocked my Nexus S's bootloader. After unlocking, all data was wiped from the phone, however, I was not aware that the sdcard would be wiped along with the system data. Assuming my files were saved, I rebooted my phone to realize that, in fact, the sdcard had been formatted. I am here to ask if there is any chance of recovering the lost partition even though android system wrote files to the sdcard after format.
Thanks in advance.

Author:  loki [ July 31st, 2012, 9:03 ]
Post subject:  Re: Nexus S "wipe data/factory reset"

evandunkel wrote:
Today I have unlocked my Nexus S's bootloader. After unlocking, all data was wiped from the phone, however, I was not aware that the sdcard would be wiped along with the system data. Assuming my files were saved, I rebooted my phone to realize that, in fact, the sdcard had been formatted. I am here to ask if there is any chance of recovering the lost partition even though android system wrote files to the sdcard after format.
Thanks in advance.



Depends on how it was formatted. If the sectors were overwritten then your out of luck.
Download & install winhex on a pc then attach the sdcard.
Start winhex & then open tools>open disk & select your sdcard
Then look at the sectors to see if they have been zero'd or if a pattern has been written.
You could also try rstuido data recovery software

Author:  Alt(R-TT) [ August 1st, 2012, 5:12 ]
Post subject:  Re: Nexus S "wipe data/factory reset"

This article explains what to do in your case: Photo Recovery. R-Undelete is based on the same data recovery engine as R-Studio, but easy in use.

Author:  evandunkel [ August 1st, 2012, 11:31 ]
Post subject:  Re: Nexus S "wipe data/factory reset"

Thank you for the responses. After looking at the device in WinHex, I discovered that 0s have been written over the data. I tried R-Undelete anyway, but as I expected, it did not retrieve any data. Thanks anyway.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/