Strange?
Posted: December 12th, 2012, 12:37
I have been mucking around (with Winhex) on some hard drives & USB pens manually repairing FAT & NTFS boot sectors from back up, zeroing sector 0 & manually redoing the partiton info in the MBR Templates, recovering from diskpart & the clean command (not clean all
) etc just for fun & to understand more.
I have a 64Gb USB3 pen which works fines, no issues at all.
Thought I'd look at the sector 0 & NTFS boot sectors with winhex but found that sector 0 was the NTFS boot sector & not the MBR?
Im use to seeing sector 0 with MBR or zero'd out but with 55AA at the end.
As you can see from the pics
Loki
I have a 64Gb USB3 pen which works fines, no issues at all.
Thought I'd look at the sector 0 & NTFS boot sectors with winhex but found that sector 0 was the NTFS boot sector & not the MBR?
Im use to seeing sector 0 with MBR or zero'd out but with 55AA at the end.
As you can see from the pics
Loki