PNY 32g MicroSD showing 1gig only?
Posted: March 18th, 2013, 0:11
Hello everyone, I hope this is the right place for my question.
I have a PNY 32gig MicroSD card for about 7 months and worked fantastically. Now it seems to be on the fritz. I've tried formatting it through windows, the default android device that I originally had it in, and HDD Guru's low level format tool, all to no aval.
I get this in Guru's.
Windows is showing it as a 1gig card but will not display any files on it. Any time I connect it to a PC, windows asks to format but the format says the device is locked or that it is unable to complete the format.
I tried the PNY low level tool, but it will not run on anything over windows XP/2000. I'm using Windows 7 64bit.
Any ides what I can do?
I have a PNY 32gig MicroSD card for about 7 months and worked fantastically. Now it seems to be on the fritz. I've tried formatting it through windows, the default android device that I originally had it in, and HDD Guru's low level format tool, all to no aval.
I get this in Guru's.
- Code:
3/17/2013 11:55:48 PM * * * * * WARNING!!! * * * * *
3/17/2013 11:55:48 PM DURING THE LOW LEVEL FORMAT PROCESS
3/17/2013 11:55:48 PM ALL DATA WILL BE FULLY and IRREVERSIBLY ERASED!
3/17/2013 11:56:08 PM
3/17/2013 11:56:08 PM =================================================
3/17/2013 11:56:08 PM HDD Low Level Format Tool 4.25; http://hddguru.com
3/17/2013 11:56:08 PM Low level format: [3] Mass Storage Device 0000 [1073.74 MB]
3/17/2013 11:56:08 PM Device capacity: 2,097,152 sectors
3/17/2013 11:56:08 PM Locking device...
3/17/2013 11:56:08 PM Formatting...
3/17/2013 11:56:09 PM Format Error occurred at offset 65,536: 23
3/17/2013 11:56:21 PM Format Error occurred at offset 131,072: 2 - Media was unplugged
3/17/2013 11:56:21 PM Device was unplugged, aborting...
3/17/2013 11:56:21 PM Average speed: 0.1 MB/s
3/17/2013 11:56:21 PM Operation terminated at offset 131,072 LBA 256
3/17/2013 11:56:21 PM
3/17/2013 11:56:21 PM Remember to create new partitions.
Windows is showing it as a 1gig card but will not display any files on it. Any time I connect it to a PC, windows asks to format but the format says the device is locked or that it is unable to complete the format.
I tried the PNY low level tool, but it will not run on anything over windows XP/2000. I'm using Windows 7 64bit.
Any ides what I can do?