HDD GURU FORUMS
http://forum.hddguru.com/

What can one do with this kind of a chip?
http://forum.hddguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32236
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Ronald111 [ November 2nd, 2015, 3:34 ]
Post subject:  What can one do with this kind of a chip?

Dear all,

Got an old (yom 2006) RICOH digital camera with the following chip inside.The capacity is really tiny, but the data is important as always :)

Can anyone advise the way to extract data from it?

Attachments:
2131.jpg
2131.jpg [ 49.07 KiB | Viewed 6957 times ]

Author:  jermy [ November 2nd, 2015, 4:04 ]
Post subject:  Re: What can one do with this kind of a chip?

NAND reader

Author:  HaQue [ November 2nd, 2015, 4:18 ]
Post subject:  Re: What can one do with this kind of a chip?

yes, maybe NAND reader, more likely SD interface I think(without researching it) but I should point out, the pinout shown is NOT direct NAND Pinout. a good data recovery company that does flash should have no trouble, if the chip is ok of course. No guarantees with flash and no way to know until you work on it.

did you want to post to AU? I can recover for you, or there are other recommended places in Poland, Russia, UK, China etc

BTW what is the actual chip part number (not the generic datasheet number)?

Author:  jeremyb [ November 2nd, 2015, 6:59 ]
Post subject:  Re: What can one do with this kind of a chip?

This is NAND memory with a NOR interface and an onboard controller like EZ-NAND. You'll need a special reader for this.

Author:  HaQue [ November 2nd, 2015, 9:11 ]
Post subject:  Re: What can one do with this kind of a chip?

what is not clear is if the pads hold hidden NAND access such as some eMMC, even when datasheet has labelled pads n/c, or if there is raw NAND access via "pcb" such as some monoliths. This maybe not so easy case. maybe there are other ways such as jtag, or fixing camera.

Author:  ishanguptaa [ November 20th, 2015, 4:54 ]
Post subject:  Re: What can one do with this kind of a chip?

definately a NAND reader, I got an article off howtogeekdotcome, I am not sure if being a newbie I can put in links yet.

But you can check that out.

If you are still looking for it,, Funny I just checked the thread is 2012 dated,, Daaaa :(

Just wanted to start interacting here.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/