OCZ Vertex 2 firmware corruption
Posted: January 30th, 2016, 6:18
I bought a new Samsung TV JS9000 series and thought I'd try the HDD PVR facilities.
This TV must be doing something very strange as it has managed to corrupt the firmware of both a 16GB USB3 stick and also my OCZ Vertex2 (via USB to SATA adapter), definitely no coincidence.
I recovered the USB stick by using a manufacturing mass production tool available on the internet, but am stumped by the Vertex2 as it is not recognised by BIOS or firmware tools from OCZ...
The Vertex drive powers up, green LED on, then red LED blinks once, out and then stays on (so both LEDs are on at this point). Tried OCZ Toolbox but doesn't find anything.
I suspect I may have to connect to JTAG or something (4 solder pads exposed at rear of drive, VCC, TX, RX, GND) and somehow upload base firmware or something - no idea really, so anyone here got any clues?
Maybe it is still accessible in some way via SATA but doesn't feel that way to me.
Kind regards,
Keith.
This TV must be doing something very strange as it has managed to corrupt the firmware of both a 16GB USB3 stick and also my OCZ Vertex2 (via USB to SATA adapter), definitely no coincidence.
I recovered the USB stick by using a manufacturing mass production tool available on the internet, but am stumped by the Vertex2 as it is not recognised by BIOS or firmware tools from OCZ...
The Vertex drive powers up, green LED on, then red LED blinks once, out and then stays on (so both LEDs are on at this point). Tried OCZ Toolbox but doesn't find anything.
I suspect I may have to connect to JTAG or something (4 solder pads exposed at rear of drive, VCC, TX, RX, GND) and somehow upload base firmware or something - no idea really, so anyone here got any clues?
Maybe it is still accessible in some way via SATA but doesn't feel that way to me.
Kind regards,
Keith.